Show us what you're cooking...

Sorry all. I did not get final pics of the PB BE cook. I was not excited about the end product (we are always our harshest critics). I did not get the bark I was looking for before putting them in the braising stage. However, they did taste pretty good, and the folks who ate them......LOVED them, so I guess what do I know. hahahaha. I cut and cooked some of the non cured bacon today. Good, not great, have some ideas for the next time..... a little more salt, pepper and sugar.

Threw a little brisket on last night at 6:30.

u0wBYxJl.jpg

agZ5y0ll.jpg

xZI5eSHl.jpg

Let it run all night at 200. Bumped it up to 225 this morning at 4:30 before heading to work. Just grabbed my phone to check on it and the app won't work. :rolleyes:

Threw a little brisket on last night at 6:30.

u0wBYxJl.jpg

agZ5y0ll.jpg

xZI5eSHl.jpg

Let it run all night at 200. Bumped it up to 225 this morning at 4:30 before heading to work. Just grabbed my phone to check on it and the app won't work. :rolleyes:
Oh no. Anyone home to get the internal temp for you? Try turning phone off then back on

Oh no. Anyone home to get the internal temp for you? Try turning phone off then back on

Force stopped and clear app cache, nothing.

Restarted phone twice, nothing.

Turned on wifi, works like a champ.

Cruisin along in the low 180s right now.

Let us know how it turned out...

Let us know how it turned out...
Same as always. Great. (y)

I know it seems like a waste, but it got mostly bagged up and went into the freezer for future batches of chili. Once you make brisket chili, everything else sucks.

I did chunk up the point for some burnt ends later this week.

Brisket yesterday..... Turned out great. 5.4 lb started at 9 am at 225. 430 it was at 165. Wrapped it and back in until 615. Took it out at 200 let it sit 45 minutes.

Attachments

• PXL_20210215_000656867.jpg
    PXL_20210215_000656867.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210214_190841_01.jpg
    IMG_20210214_190841_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
Same as always. Great. (y)

I know it seems like a waste, but it got mostly bagged up and went into the freezer for future batches of chili. Once you make brisket chili, everything else sucks.

I did chunk up the point for some burnt ends later this week.
Not a waste at all...I put up a lot of stuff that I cook. It's always available when you may not be able to or feel like smoking. Love me some chuck burnt ends!

Brisket yesterday..... Turned out great. 5.4 lb started at 9 am at 225. 430 it was at 165. Wrapped it and back in until 615. Took it out at 200 let it sit 45 minutes.
Looks like a winner from here

I need to remember to take photos of my cooks. I'm cooking all of the time and don't remember about photos until it's either done, or devoured by my kids.....

it was! wife said I’m in charge of meatloaf mondays from now on (even though it was Tuesday)

Yeah.. wife would probably let me get my choice of grill at this point. She has been very satisfied with me doing the majority of the cooking since the Bull arrived. Maybe it's time to push for the BFG even though it is just the two of us now :unsure: .

Not a waste at all...I put up a lot of stuff that I cook. It's always available when you may not be able to or feel like smoking. Love me some chuck burnt ends!
Yep, I always try to store extras for later use. They are rather handy for when I'm running errands, or the kids around on the weekend. A lot of times, I will semi thaw and put in the slow cooker so if I'm going to be back by lunch time, it's all ready. Much better than fast food.

I need to remember to take photos of my cooks. I'm cooking all of the time and don't remember about photos until it's either done, or devoured by my kids.....
I have the same problem with the after cook pictures, between my Mrs. asking when it's going to be done and I Like Beer when using the smoker on the longer cooks probably doesn't help either. 🍻

Last edited:
Would love to see them. I'm always getting ideas from pics posted...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back