Show us what you're cooking...

Oops, I was so hungry when they came off the smoker that I didn't take pictures. They were really good though.

Last night it was Smoked Chopped steak!

Meatloaf to all you unsophisticated out there...LOL (that would be me by the way)

That looks awesome NU2. Can you throw a slice in an envelope and send it this way?
I would if I could....That loaf was 7 lbs and there was nothing left and we only had 5 people eating!!!! o_O

That was the first one I had ever done and it came out perfectly! This Smoker has so elevated my cooking that now my family asks me everyday what is next!

I love this thing!!

Looks amazing bud, so give us a review on taste. Ive been wanting to do a meatloaf haven't got around to it yet...

Looks amazing bud, so give us a review on taste. Ive been wanting to do a meatloaf haven't got around to it yet...
Ill tell you what my family said because I am biased...My oldest who never eats meatloaf because it is greasy said this was great. It was moist and juicy....yes it was a juicy meatloaf. I had never seen that but it was great. I mixed up the meat and the spices and added 16 oz of marinade to the meat mix .

So I would say do it....its great!

Since this has been a relatively mild summer and due to the increased moisture of late, we are experiencing an increased presence of grasshoppers, an invasion if you will..

LuxorLight.jpg

I'm thinking I could capitalize on this and maybe offer up some nontraditional gourmet treats...
chocolategrasshoppers.jpg

Maybe throw in some caramel, dark versions, etc... some added varieties.. ;)

Since this has been a relatively mild summer and due to the increased moisture of late, we are experiencing an increased presence of grasshoppers, an invasion if you will..

View attachment 921

I'm thinking I could capitalize on this and maybe offer up some nontraditional gourmet treats...
View attachment 922

Maybe throw in some caramel, dark versions, etc... some added varieties.. ;)
You should try them without the chocolate! YUM

@dsandersus That looks perfect....so....How did you like it?!?!?

@Buckeye smoker WOW Brother...those look good....I havent tried baby backs yet ever ...Im thinking those might just push me over the edge to do it. You say you didnt wrap...so you just seasoned and put them on...at what temp? Did you spritz or no? Info man...I need info...lol

@dsandersus That looks perfect....so....How did you like it?!?!?

@Buckeye smoker WOW Brother...those look good....I havent tried baby backs yet ever ...Im thinking those might just push me over the edge to do it. You say you didnt wrap...so you just seasoned and put them on...at what temp? Did you spritz or no? Info man...I need info...lol
Yes no wrap, 225°... Spritzed twice with apple juice and apple vinegar mix... To be honest I was expecting 4- 4 1/2 hrs... I used the smoke tube with all apple. You can do them quicker but these turned out perfect. I've seen where alot of people chose 250° over 225° or they turn it up to 250° for the last hour...all up to you. I have noticed in my personal cooking that the 201° internal temp really works well. Jmo.

@NU2SMOKE This was pretty tasty. The capicolla added a nice spice to the overall flavor. Unfortunately in my haste, I did not properly seal the sides and we lost most of the provolone goodness to the Gods of Cheese Melting. I know better for next time.

I'm thinking of a breakfast fatty for the next, using 2 lbs. of maple sausage, Hawaiian ham, colby jack, spinach, scrambled eggs and maybe a brown sugar / maple syrup exterior to the bacon..

Back on page 3 (Feb of this year) is another way of doing baby backs in about half the time. Blasphemy Ribs is good too...………….ya might wanna try 'em that way as well.
I'll give that a shot Uncle Bob...always up for new things/different ways

@NU2SMOKE This was pretty tasty. The capicolla added a nice spice to the overall flavor. Unfortunately in my haste, I did not properly seal the sides and we lost most of the provolone goodness to the Gods of Cheese Melting. I know better for next time.

I'm thinking of a breakfast fatty for the next, using 2 lbs. of maple sausage, Hawaiian ham, colby jack, spinach, scrambled eggs and maybe a brown sugar / maple syrup exterior to the bacon..
The combinations are limitless.....Im glad you enjoyed it my friend!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back