Show us what you're cooking...

It's just because we're a shy and retiring lot. That is a good looking Boston Butt though...…..:p

My 1st attempt at beef back ribs... olive oil and salt / pepper. See you in 4 to 6 hours..
20190719_130909.jpg

Would you be willing to do a step by step with pic so we...us...ok ok this Idiot could follow and learn please!! ?
Of course I see this AFTER I did all the prepping, and in my opinion that's where all the work is done.

I'm a noob so I'm not sure how many people would really want to follow me but I'll certainly take some pictures along the way the next time.

In the meantime I would recommend these great threads here on RecTecForum:
  • Aaron Franklin’s Prepping a Brisket - In my very little experience, I feel that the prepping stages will make or break a cook. Aaron goes into great detail in the video on how to trim and prep the brisket.
  • How to smoke the best brisket - The RecTec team does their briskets a bit different than I've done mine so far but there is still good info.

Smoking rib tips tonight. I thought that I was buying a big package or St Louis style ribs at Costco but it turned out to be rib tips from cutting St Louis style ribs. No matter, last batch was good. They are on Low smoking for a little while then I'll turn them up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back