Show us what you're cooking...

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Brisket yesterday..... Turned out great. 5.4 lb started at 9 am at 225. 430 it was at 165. Wrapped it and back in until 615. Took it out at 200 let it sit 45 minutes.
Looks like a winner from here

Bytor

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I need to remember to take photos of my cooks. I'm cooking all of the time and don't remember about photos until it's either done, or devoured by my kids.....

sdynak

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
it was! wife said I’m in charge of meatloaf mondays from now on (even though it was Tuesday)

Yeah.. wife would probably let me get my choice of grill at this point. She has been very satisfied with me doing the majority of the cooking since the Bull arrived. Maybe it's time to push for the BFG even though it is just the two of us now :unsure: .

Bytor

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Not a waste at all...I put up a lot of stuff that I cook. It's always available when you may not be able to or feel like smoking. Love me some chuck burnt ends!
Yep, I always try to store extras for later use. They are rather handy for when I'm running errands, or the kids around on the weekend. A lot of times, I will semi thaw and put in the slow cooker so if I'm going to be back by lunch time, it's all ready. Much better than fast food.

Mastertech59

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I need to remember to take photos of my cooks. I'm cooking all of the time and don't remember about photos until it's either done, or devoured by my kids.....
I have the same problem with the after cook pictures, between my Mrs. asking when it's going to be done and I Like Beer when using the smoker on the longer cooks probably doesn't help either. 🍻

Last edited:

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Would love to see them. I'm always getting ideas from pics posted...

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Yeah.. wife would probably let me get my choice of grill at this point. She has been very satisfied with me doing the majority of the cooking since the Bull arrived. Maybe it's time to push for the BFG even though it is just the two of us now :unsure: .
I know what you mean. I now do 100% of the cooking thanks to the Bull. I just added a 36" Blackstone to the collection last week.

fullhouse32

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
2.75lbs Picanha 🤤

Attachments

• B89F71F2-32B1-460A-8D73-9803F8360EBC.jpeg
    B89F71F2-32B1-460A-8D73-9803F8360EBC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 72479029-AC01-4D0F-AB9A-6AB47544B16D.jpeg
    72479029-AC01-4D0F-AB9A-6AB47544B16D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • C3BCE104-93F3-4078-A287-5DBEA2A0B73A.jpeg
    C3BCE104-93F3-4078-A287-5DBEA2A0B73A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

TheRicker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My earlier attempts at briskets didn't turn out like I thought they would. So I started practicing on chuck roasts. Here's the cooked product and then sliced. Eats like brisket. Tastes like brisket...pretty close. :) Family liked it. And, it's a lot cheaper than brisket. Admittedly, I've never cooked a full-size brisket. I was getting the flats that Costco sold. That's all they used to carry. Now they have both. That said, the chuck is really good. I have been getting those two-packs of chuck roasts from Costco. And I do look for marbling like you would from a good steak. Bottom line, get yourself a good quality chuck roast and give it a try.

I cooked this at 250 until it got to 155 degrees then I wrapped them until I got to 200 degrees. I use the Thermoworks "Smoke" probes to keep track of my meat temps. When I get to the 195 - 205 range, I start poking it with my ThermoPen to double check the temp as well as gauge how tender the meat is. I've had some meat nice and tender at 195 and I've had some tough at 200 to where I had to get to 205 to get tender. It's something to be mindful of in your history of cooking/smoking to get a feel for these things. I believe you'll like the results better as you try different methods to see what works and doesn't work for you. And that can vary by the different meats you cook, the weather that day, or just bad dang luck.

...now tell me that chuck roast don't look good. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8217.JPG
    IMG_8217.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8218.JPG
    IMG_8218.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Chris_G

Rec-Traeger Frankenstein
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Costco chuck roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions in beef broth
On "Frankenstein"

20210221_102146.jpg

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My earlier attempts at briskets didn't turn out like I thought they would. So I started practicing on chuck roasts. Here's the cooked product and then sliced. Eats like brisket. Tastes like brisket...pretty close. :) Family liked it. And, it's a lot cheaper than brisket. Admittedly, I've never cooked a full-size brisket. I was getting the flats that Costco sold. That's all they used to carry. Now they have both. That said, the chuck is really good. I have been getting those two-packs of chuck roasts from Costco. And I do look for marbling like you would from a good steak. Bottom line, get yourself a good quality chuck roast and give it a try.

I cooked this at 250 until it got to 155 degrees then I wrapped them until I got to 200 degrees. I use the Thermoworks "Smoke" probes to keep track of my meat temps. When I get to the 195 - 205 range, I start poking it with my ThermoPen to double check the temp as well as gauge how tender the meat is. I've had some meat nice and tender at 195 and I've had some tough at 200 to where I had to get to 205 to get tender. It's something to be mindful of in your history of cooking/smoking to get a feel for these things. I believe you'll like the results better as you try different methods to see what works and doesn't work for you. And that can vary by the different meats you cook, the weather that day, or just bad dang luck.

...now tell me that chuck roast don't look good. :)
Absolutely! Chuck is great for burnt ends too!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.