Show us what you're cooking...

Thanks and good info and great info and great advice. Now that my grilling is much better, the wife cooks the sides and I love them all!!!!
Cooking some burgers and chicken breast this weekend. Not sure about next weekend, but thinking about ribs.....
FYI I did find a local butcher, an Artisan meat shop which means I paid $14.00 for a chicken!!! But it is nice to have a local butcher for special occasions. As a small business owner, I always prefer local

Thanks for the recipe!

Very welcome.. I am learning myself and get lucky once in a while when a cook turns out good. I could not have done it without the amazing folks here and their willingness to share their success stories.

Good luck with the burgers & chicken this weekend. I'm leaning toward outside skirt steaks for tomorrow. They may actually go on the gasser for a quick sear and pull. Have to see what the boss wants but they are waiting in the freezer.

I do a mix with the local butcher(s).. they are just limited on what they carry. Cost is not a problem. I would rather pay more and make myself than go out to eat. To me it is $$ well spent. I usually order the things I can't get locally from Wild Fork. Absolutely support small business.

Very welcome.. I am learning myself and get lucky once in a while when a cook turns out good. I could not have done it without the amazing folks here and their willingness to share their success stories.

Good luck with the burgers & chicken this weekend. I'm leaning toward outside skirt steaks for tomorrow. They may actually go on the gasser for a quick sear and pull. Have to see what the boss wants but they are waiting in the freezer.

I do a mix with the local butcher(s).. they are just limited on what they carry. Cost is not a problem. I would rather pay more and make myself than go out to eat. To me it is $$ well spent. I usually order the things I can't get locally from Wild Fork. Absolutely support small business.
Thanks, and I agree! The RT community has been very helpful and supportive!
We are eating in more and I would rather get a good cut of meat, makes me look better!

Honestly my wife told me she wants burgers tomorrow and chicken Sunday and she is doing the sides, so we are on the same team! She just has not been impressed, UNTIL the RecTeq about my grilling!

I did join the Wild Fork site!! I am always looking for special sites for special meals.

The tenderloin I did at Easter came from Snake River Farms. It was very expensive, but honestly it was delicious and gave us 3 or 4 meals including my son and his GF. So thank you for the heads up!

I am cooking on my new Bullseye this weekend! Giving the 590 a break.

There are so many things I am now willing to try with the RecTeq and I am just really glad I am enjoying grilling out again!

Again, thanks to all who post and offer help!

Last edited:
Also, what do you guys do to keep up with cooks and recipes, just old school in a notebook?

Thanks, and I agree! The RT community has been very helpful and supportive!
We are eating in more and I would rather get a good cut of meat, makes me look better!

Honestly my wife told me she wants burgers tomorrow and chicken Sunday and she is doing the sides, so we are on the same team! She just has not been impressed, until the RecTeq about my grilling!

I did join the Wild Fork site!! I am always looking for special sites for special meals.

The tenderloin I did at Easter came from Snake River Farms. It was very expensive, but honestly it was delicious and gave us 3 or 4 meals including my son and his GF. So thank you for the heads up!

I am cooking on my new Bullseye this weekend! Giving the 590 a break.

There are so many things I am now willing to try with the RecTeq and I am just really glad I am enjoying grilling out again!

Yeah.. I don't know where I would be without the community here. Everyone are so willing to pitch in it is truly amazing.

Did not know you got the Bullseye! Congrats!! That will be my next but I'm holding out for wifi 🙏.

The only issue I can think of is the addiction it creates :unsure:

Also, what do you guys do to keep up with cooks and recipes, just old school in a notebook?

I bookmark sites & posts and go off memory. Not the best but it works. I don't usually do the same things over and over but when I do that is the memory :)

I use two apps-for recipes, meal planning, and grocery shopping I use Paprika. Wonderful app, I’ve used it for several years, fairly priced with no subscription. For documenting my cooks, and I really do a poor job following through with the details, I use an app called Day One. I’ve used this for years also. It once was a purchased app, now a subscription but some features are free to use. Since I had previously purchased it, I’m grandfathered into most of the subscription features. It’s nice because it will add pictures with the date, time, weather conditions at the time, etc. so it does some of the grunt work for you.

I try to use the attached BBQ Log every time. But you know how that goes.

I printed some out on card stock and 3-hole punched them for a half size binder with dividers for different meats and things.

You can create your own with the info that's relevant to you.

Attachments

• BBQ LOG 002.pdf
    514.6 KB · Views: 116
Disclaimer - Non-RecTeq Cook

So we have had our share of skirt steak but this was our first for the outside cut. This was grass fed angus from Wild Fork full disclosure.

Seasoned with RecTeq Bens Heffer Dust both sides

Seared on Weber gasser few minutes each side flipped twice until just about 132 IT or so depending on where taken.
It was like eating butter.. flavor and texture. Will defiantly do this one again.

Wife again claiming I can cook every night so emphasis placed on how good the side salad was. Hoping this will eventually smooth out :).

91B15547-AD08-423F-8E47-16BFC3477666.jpeg

E0C94D16-BBAE-4DE3-ACB8-E1F79821E7E0.jpeg

47139C4C-0AA7-4747-8196-28BAD731A41E.jpeg

95C7E90D-27C3-4045-A6AD-8770854F29E4.jpeg
410F932C-9DD1-481D-B561-70CD4B4D232C.jpeg
5C91D746-B7C2-44A8-BFA5-119EC2E3706E.jpeg
8703C150-ABDB-4E9F-A049-475A228B46E6.jpeg

Disclaimer - Non-RecTeq Cook

So we have had our share of skirt steak but this was our first for the outside cut. This was grass fed angus from Wild Fork full disclosure.

Seasoned with RecTeq Bens Heffer Dust both sides

Seared on Weber gasser few minutes each side flipped twice until just about 132 IT or so depending on where taken.
It was like eating butter.. flavor and texture. Will defiantly do this one again.

Wife again claiming I can cook every night so emphasis placed on how good the side salad was. Hoping this will eventually smooth out :).

View attachment 9630
View attachment 9631
View attachment 9632
View attachment 9633View attachment 9634View attachment 9635View attachment 9636
Sweet!

Got a Big Day ahead of me. Started with a 10lb Pork Butt going on this morning a little before 3am. At 9:30am and the butt was at 148 IT. Gave it a spritz of Apple Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar mixture. I have 2 Saint Louis racks that I put on around 11am. I raised the temp to 230. Plan on pulling pork butt around 3ish if everything goes as planned. I'll keep it wrapped and in the cooler till it's time to serve around 5ish tonight. About 4pm I have 3lbs of sausage I'll be throwing on with the ribs and will pull right before serving them for dinner. I'll update pictures as everything progresses throughout the day.
Update: 2:300pm About to wrap the ribs in Butter, Brown Sugar, and Honey
View attachment 9473View attachment 9474View attachment 9476View attachment 9478View attachment 9484View attachment 9485View attachment 9503View attachment 9504View attachment 9505
Lot of work...but bet it was well worth it!

Some great looking cooks on here. Love the pics. Getting some good ideas too! You guys are showing out!

That all looks amazing! Do the beans take on smokiness? Have never done that.. great idea.
They do. Just stir every now and then. Top gets the smoke and by folding in, it will take on the smoke flavor. Not overwhelming, but flavor is there.

I will add that the cast iron adds something too...

They do. Just stir every now and then. Top gets the smoke and by folding in, it will take on the smoke flavor. Not overwhelming, but flavor is there.

I will add that the cast iron adds something too...

Awesome.. will have to give this a go (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back