Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull

sdynak

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
That looks awesome. You really get good results on the Blackstone..

Thank you..

It came out really good. I don't always like smoke flavor on a steak. Especially this one.. it was a tough choice between reverse sear using the Bull, Weber gasser, the Weber Kettle or the Blackstone. I figured it would be like pan frying. Wish I recorded my wife taking the first bight. All I heard was OMG a few times :).

Greg Jones

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
I made plate ribs yesterday, nothing on them but salt and pepper. They went on the RT-340 set at 225* and I spritzed them with pickle juice once during the cook. After 4.5 hours they were probe tender at 205*-208*. I topped the ribs in a smear of Wagyu tallow and wrapped them in butcher paper. I left them out to cool to 180* after about 20 minutes then put them in a cooler to rest for three hours. This is about as good as beef gets! No on the grill pics as it rained all through the cook.

C5B1D3A9-4E1B-4778-8D6A-C4C424D505C2.jpeg 82EB450A-E5D9-4ECB-B984-C3B8CF16CA6B.jpeg

Psycho

Death Is A Surprise Party
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. RT-680
I made plate ribs yesterday, nothing on them but salt and pepper. They went on the RT-340 set at 225* and I spritzed them with pickle juice once during the cook. After 4.5 hours they were probe tender at 205*-208*. I topped the ribs in a smear of Wagyu tallow and wrapped them in butcher paper. I left them out to cool to 180* after about 20 minutes then put them in a cooler to rest for three hours. This is about as good as beef gets! No on the grill pics as it rained all through the cook.

View attachment 12820 View attachment 12821
Pickle juice 😲

We'reSmokin'Now

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I haven't figured out yet how to take pics and cook while I'm holding my glass of Bourbon, so I'll just tell you what I'm cooking.

Three racks of St. Louis style ribs, spritzed with cranberry/bourbon, then finished with a bourbon bbq glaze.

In the meantime, my Kettle (I should have bought that 700!!!!) is working on a bacon-weaved, apple/bourbon spritzed rump roast.

Cheers!
Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

rgreenberg2000

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Emptying the freezer before we have to tent/fumigate for termites. Found a Coppa/Money muscle I took out of a pork butt a few months ago. Dropped it on the Bull @ 275F until it hit 170F, then cranked the temp to 475. Just left the butt in there as temp ramped, for a total of 20 minutes. Crisped up nicely, and sliced so nice. Tender, tasty, porky!

1632190855262.jpeg

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
well im a bargain hunter and when i seen london broils for less than the price of ground beef i had to try it. i injected the big beautiful hunk of beef with butter and garlic and rubbed it with spg. then i smoked it with lumberjack competition blend pellets for that delicious smoke flavor we all love at 225 until it hit 110 internal. then i put the bull on 500 with the flat side up on the grill grates to see how i liked that sear. i cooked it until 130 and let it rest for just a few minutes so it would hold all those delicious juices inside. guys im not going to lie that cheap london broil had a killer sear crust….but that was the worst steak i think i ever had. it was about as tender as the sidewall of a truck tire. had to cut tinny bites just so i could chew it. and i get to eat the wifes for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• FF360119-0D24-49E7-BCB2-0BDB1443CE35.jpeg
    FF360119-0D24-49E7-BCB2-0BDB1443CE35.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 0549F9B3-A8F6-424A-86B3-D6BEEBE6D6FF.jpeg
    0549F9B3-A8F6-424A-86B3-D6BEEBE6D6FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

Psycho

Death Is A Surprise Party
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. RT-680
well im a bargain hunter and when i seen london broils for less than the price of ground beef i had to try it. i injected the big beautiful hunk of beef with butter and garlic and rubbed it with spg. then i smoked it with lumberjack competition blend pellets for that delicious smoke flavor we all love at 225 until it hit 110 internal. then i put the bull on 500 with the flat side up on the grill grates to see how i liked that sear. i cooked it until 130 and let it rest for just a few minutes so it would hold all those delicious juices inside. guys im not going to lie that cheap london broil had a killer sear crust….but that was the worst steak i think i ever had. it was about as tender as the sidewall of a truck tire. had to cut tinny bites just so i could chew it. and i get to eat the wifes for lunch tomorrow.
Please share the sidewall of truck tire recipe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.