Show us what you're cooking...

1539047764752.png

Smoking some garlic - the girl digs it.
Chicken thighs getting thrown on later. Would post a picture, but getting that 'too large' message again. It's only a few hundred k ... @Mike what's the limit?
That's my bad, the default was set to something terribly small. Give it a go now please!

I went 300° for about 30 minutes for the crab legs. Dredged them in a mixture of about 5 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp liquid crab boil prior to putting them on.

Mahi mahi was seared on each side for about 6 minutes at 500°.

Cooking more ribeyes this weekend and stopping over at Costco today and going to pick up some crab legs to cook later this week.

Supposed to do steaks tonight if the weather holds. Gonna try smoking baked potatoes too... that'll be a new one for me.

Got some potatoes on now. Will be throwing a few ribeyes on in a few. Trying out some Char/Hickory Lumberjack pellets I got from Rural King.

Note: Using grease from some really good hickory smoked bacon I made this morning to smother the potatoes in the foil and coat the ribeyes. Gonna be interesting...

Last edited:
Lumberjack Char/Hickory pellets were great. Bacon grease was a nice touch as well. Definitely like the heffer dust better than the espresso rub but both are delicious.

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_203402_264.jpg
    IMG_20181020_203402_264.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
How are you guys doing potatoes? I just coated in olive oil, salt, pepper and put them on unwrapped for ~ 2 hours. Turned out pretty good, but probably could have gone longer (or wrapped, but I like the smokey)

1540404359030.png

Screenshot_20181103-233519.png

Well, it's dark out, so this is the best I can do. Seriously almost 24 pounds on the smoker right now.
The salsa thread got me thinking - I might throw some peppers on there tomorrow.... man that sounds good.

Potatoes to go with the NY Strips I did later in the evening. 2.25 lbs of a ground beef to make sloppy joes with and chicken breast. Smoked the beef for an hour at 225 before I threw the chicken on and turned it up to 375/400. Dinner for the week is done! Except tonight. Got some catfish to sear...

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_180638_311.jpg
    IMG_20181103_180638_311.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
1541948210595.png

19 degrees outside? Sure, I'll throw a butt on!
Just pulled the ground beef off that was in there for a bit - that's going in the chili with some left over brisket. That should go well with the beers I will need to drown my sorrows watching football today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back