Should I buy a recteq?!

They're probably selling it cheap due to the app integration being a complete disaster. Not to mention it's been this way all year and is only getting worse with the latest updates from RecTeq on both iOS and Android devices. Customer service means jack when they can't get their app straight. I paid a LOT of money for app functionality and it's been worthless all year. What a disappointment this has been and if I had to do over again I never would have bought a Recteq. They made me look bad too as I sent a lot of friends their way based on my experience early on. Since then it's been a clown show. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere with someone who doesn't treat their app as an afterthought that none of their customers care about. Search online and you'll see that the complaints are widespread and only getting worse as attempts to rectify the situation have only made matters worse. Now, not only do notifications not work but other app functions/features have also been broken. Way to go Recteq! #clownshow

I just sold a a real clean 680 (see photos) for $650 but it was 4 years old. Sold it because I wanted to get a new 700. In my opinion there is no better grill on the market and Rec Teq has fantastic customer reviews - because they back the product.
As for the comments about part prices, what company doesn't command higher prices for parts. Every considered building an entire car by yourself by just buying parts?
Negotiate a lower price and buy it.

Attachments

• IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3093.JPG
    IMG_3093.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
I purchased a 590 new with the grill grates and never regretted it. You know it all depends on what you want the grill to do. If you want to do a lot of low and slow then this is the grill for you. If you want to do a lot of open lid cooking then this is differently not the grill. I describe my 590 as an oven with smoke when you add the grill grates you have a great griller as well. Anyways Rec-Teq's are made to last and I personally would have no problem buying a used one. Spend the money you save on the grill grates

Last edited:
They're probably selling it cheap due to the app integration being a complete disaster. Not to mention it's been this way all year and is only getting worse with the latest updates from RecTeq on both iOS and Android devices. Customer service means jack when they can't get their app straight. I paid a LOT of money for app functionality and it's been worthless all year. What a disappointment this has been and if I had to do over again I never would have bought a Recteq. They made me look bad too as I sent a lot of friends their way based on my experience early on. Since then it's been a clown show. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere with someone who doesn't treat their app as an afterthought that none of their customers care about. Search online and you'll see that the complaints are widespread and only getting worse as attempts to rectify the situation have only made matters worse. Now, not only do notifications not work but other app functions/features have also been broken. Way to go Recteq! #clownshow
Have you called Ray yet to complain?

I don't know of any other grill I would recommend to you at that price level. The Recteqs are awesome. I have had a 700 and a Bullseye for almost four years now. I would not want any other grill unless it is maybe the Memphis grill at around $5,000 last time I looked four years ago. It is the only grill with a controller that comes close to the 700s controller, but price is not competitive on those like the Recteq is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back