Shit just got real

I did a prime brisket hot and fast per Harry Soo about a year ago. It was at 400F. Came out good.

I found this new video from Harry, where he compares hot & fast vs low & slow.

Hello everyone, I used this recipe for my first brisket on a stick burner and on my 700 many times with excellent results. The bark is mostly the rub you apply so liberally apply it, I use Heffer Dust and or weber smoky brown sugar available at Walmart in the seasonings isle. Use yellow mustard or the moisture on the meat for a binder, I inject au jus or teriyaki marinade and use butcher paper or foil to wrap at the stall around 165 degrees. The rest is very important to absorb the moisture back into the meat.

Enjoy!! cooking is fun not a chore!

https://howtobbqright.com/2020/05/22/pellet-grill-brisket

If Malcolm says it believe it, he is cooking for money!

Hello everyone, I used this recipe for my first brisket on a stick burner and on my 700 many times with excellent results. The bark is mostly the rub you apply so liberally apply it, I use Heffer Dust and or weber smoky brown sugar available at Walmart in the seasonings isle. Use yellow mustard or the moisture on the meat for a binder, I inject au jus or teriyaki marinade and use butcher paper or foil to wrap at the stall around 165 degrees. The rest is very important to absorb the moisture back into the meat.

Enjoy!! cooking is fun not a chore!

https://howtobbqright.com/2020/05/22/pellet-grill-brisket

If Malcolm says it believe it, he is cooking for money!
Malcom is great, the first time I do a brisket I will follow this

I still waiting on details of the cook and pictures to see how it turned out! The suspense is killing me
It was by far the best brisket I've ever cooked. My friend whose briskets are consistently better than mine said it was better than anything he'd cooked as well. I attribute it mostly to the fact that it was SRF Wagyu.

The only negative at all was that I didn't do a great trimming job. I erred on the side of leaving more fat in vs risking trimming too much. So it isn't pretty, with all the hard fat that doesn't render, but it sure did taste good.

Pictured is maybe about half the brisket at most, which is all I could fit on the serving tray. I tried to do the meal "Texas-style" and I apologize in advance to any Texans for things I got wrong. :)
The rub was salt and pepper with just a little bit of onion, garlic, and paprika. Sides were white bread, sliced onion, collards, cowboy-style baked beans, corn bread, pickles, and pickled jalapeños.

Attachments

• IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 122
It was by far the best brisket I've ever cooked. My friend whose briskets are consistently better than mine said it was better than anything he'd cooked as well. I attribute it mostly to the fact that it was SRF Wagyu.

The only negative at all was that I didn't do a great trimming job. I erred on the side of leaving more fat in vs risking trimming too much. So it isn't pretty, with all the hard fat that doesn't render, but it sure did taste good.

Pictured is maybe about half the brisket at most, which is all I could fit on the serving tray. I tried to do the meal "Texas-style" and I apologize in advance to any Texans for things I got wrong. :)
The rub was salt and pepper with just a little bit of onion, garlic, and paprika. Sides were white bread, sliced onion, collards, cowboy-style baked beans, corn bread, pickles, and pickled jalapeños.
That looks awesome, and the sides look perfect!

I understand, I failed to trim as much fat as I could, but I did take out that thick dense fat between the point and flat. It is probably more confusing with Wagyu. I still could have trimmed another pound of fat.

Still awesome! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Well the great thing about cooking is that we’re always learning more and trends change over time. Hot and fast brisket cooks are becoming more popular these days as people realize they can achieve basically the same results as low and slow. People are even winning competitions with it.
It’s not even new, people have been cooking brisket in the oven at 300 or so for generations.
It’s all about rendering the fat. Yes, this can be done hot and fast. I find better results with low and slow. More thorough rendering and more time to allow distribution. I’m not telling anyone how to BBQ. Just my experience. I appreciate your response. I’m sure it may help some folks. That’s why this forum is here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back