Shipping times

Clayzoo

We’ve decided to have a much larger guest list for Easter Sunday at the house. Currently have a ok.... electric smoker and was looking to jump on a bigger badder better option. Friend recommended rec Tec but not being sold in stores what’s the chance of ordering Thursday and getting it rushed to be here Saturday I’m on the east coast along with them. And normally it’s only 4-6 people at the house for food so go with a 340 that I can put in the truck and take places if wanted or get the 700 and be way over prepped for anything. Only issue with 700 is size for normal cooking days and the pellets sitting for too long in between smokes if we get busy some weeks

I would call RecTeq, they are very helpful. Even though I am new to RecTeq I am a little older and wiser now. That sounds like an ambitious schedule. I LOVE my RT 590, I would not rush it and risk dissapointment. I read up alot, looked in the forum for recipes. I enjoyed the process because I did not have to stress with an event. I know you may be anxious and you can go get a pellet grill most anywhere, but I did the research and I think RecTeq is the best and I have had nothing but great service from them and I love the RT community!
Assembly was easy, burn-in easy, cooked a few items to season and learn the grill. It may be doable, but I would not create yourself stress for this weekend.
Just my 2cents.

Last edited:
Not going to happen. Even if recteq were to ship Thursday morning, both of those grills ship truck freight and either way you would be lucky to have it a week after Easter. Additionally, I don’t see the RT-340 being a grill to feed 4-6 people.

Not going to happen. Even if recteq were to ship Thursday morning, both of those grills ship truck freight and either way you would be lucky to have it a week after Easter. Additionally, I don’t see the RT-340 being a grill to feed 4-6 people.
I guess I got lucky. I ordered my 700 a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday and the shipping company was calling me on Monday wanting to deliver it. I live in the Dallas area so maybe being in another major city helped with the fast shipping.

If you are in a larger area, check the local facebook marketplace and make sure there aren't any used ones for sale.

Where do you live? Any chance picking it up? You do not have to fill the hopper 100% so keep that in mind if you have concerns with pellets sitting for the Bull.

We’ve decided to have a much larger guest list for Easter Sunday at the house. Currently have a ok.... electric smoker and was looking to jump on a bigger badder better option. Friend recommended rec Tec but not being sold in stores what’s the chance of ordering Thursday and getting it rushed to be here Saturday I’m on the east coast along with them. And normally it’s only 4-6 people at the house for food so go with a 340 that I can put in the truck and take places if wanted or get the 700 and be way over prepped for anything. Only issue with 700 is size for normal cooking days and the pellets sitting for too long in between smokes if we get busy some weeks
First, I agree with @Greg Jones, these things ship the way we cook....low and slow....:rolleyes:

Just my 2¢.....go with the biggest, baddest grill you can afford.

It sounds like the 340 is too small for your needs. Maybe the 590 would be a good compromise...? Then again, IF the only thing holding you back from getting the 700 is your concern about the pellets, DO GET THE 700!

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

I would call RecTeq, they are very helpful. Even though I am new to RecTeq I am a little older and wiser now. That sounds like an ambitious schedule. I LOVE my RT 590, I would not rush it and risk dissapointment. I read up alot, looked in the forum for recipes. I enjoyed the process because I did not have to stress with an event. I know you may be anxious and you can go get a pellet grill most anywhere, but I did the research and I think RecTeq is the best and I have had nothing but great service from them and I love the RT community!
Assembly was easy, burn-in easy, cooked a few items to season and learn the grill. It may be doable, but I would not create yourself stress for this weekend.
Just my 2cents.

So it looks like after talking with them today I’m leaving first thing in the morning from MD and headed to GA to pick one up direct from the factory showroom! Will decide on model and size when I get there. Any insight on box sizes? Do I take the wife’s suv (Vw Tiguan 30+mpg) can handle about 33in wide box and 24in tall and 60in length or eat the gas mileage and take my truck and get 12mpg no issue on sizes

I order my 590 on a Sunday March 20th. The shipping company called Friday and set up delivery for the 29th. It took 3 days for my order to get processed and put onto the trailer.

Just for kicks how about posting a photo of that loaded up SUV? I would have loved to visit the store to grab my Bull, but 5,000 miles round trip was pushing it.

Just for kicks how about posting a photo of that loaded up SUV? I would have loved to visit the store to grab my Bull, but 5,000 miles round trip was pushing it.
Absolutely will do tomorrow morning. Headed back up north home loaded up on a new unit with accessories and pellets! Unfortunately wasn’t able to snag a 590 on scratch and sent as they only had 340’s and 700’s left

We are stacked full. Wish we had room for the bullseyes because they are priced to selll

Attachments

• C5647992-2607-438A-A948-8778B700A980.jpeg
    C5647992-2607-438A-A948-8778B700A980.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 132

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back