Shipping mess

Rturpin

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am beyond frustrated with shipping. This has nothing to do with recteq they handled getting it out the door promptly. My rt700 was picked up by the shipper on the 13th and I still don’t have it. It has been sitting at the local delivery terminal for two weeks now. I called to see if I could just come pick it up and was told that wasn’t possible. They couldn’t even give me an estimate of when it will be delivered.

Can’t wait to get this fired up. I’m a patient guy but it’s already been a month since I ordered it.

In summary I am going to avoid Estes shipping if at all possible moving forward

I have an issue with "This has nothing to do with recteq". It is the business partner they chose to work with.
It's like excusing Gibson's for serving you a bad steak - because that's what their supplier gave them.
Gibson's can choose a different supplier with superior steaks - Recteq can choose a more reliable shipping partner.
Call Recteq and don't let them tell you it's out of their hands. They can call Estes for you. They should ship you another grill with a different carrier - sounds to me like ESTES lost it. Start talking about cancelling the order if you're getting nowhere with them. One month waiting for it, I bet your CC was already billed.

I have an issue with "This has nothing to do with recteq". It is the business partner they chose to work with.
It's like excusing Gibson's for serving you a bad steak - because that's what their supplier gave them.
Gibson's can choose a different supplier with superior steaks - Recteq can choose a more reliable shipping partner.
Call Recteq and don't let them tell you it's out of their hands. They can call Estes for you. They should ship you another grill with a different carrier - sounds to me like ESTES lost it. Start talking about cancelling the order if you're getting nowhere with them. One month waiting for it, I bet your CC was already billed.
I sent them a message but haven’t heard back. I generally try to give everyone an opportunity to make it right before complaining. If I don’t hear back I will call them on Monday.

I’m just frustrated by another summer weekend going by without having it.

I know the feeling all too well. I missed Memorial Day weekend and Father's day weekend and all the other weekends surrounding them. I am up and running - everything is fine now, but it took a long time.
Hang in there - it'll happen...

I agree with @SmokeOCD . Estes has been a huge disappointment even when (if) they actually deliver the product reasonably intact. Mine was not damaged, but after receiving zero updates for several weeks, it was found dumped in my driveway. I was home the entire time and the driver didn't even have the common courtesy to ring the doorbell. To this date, my shipment on Estes' website still shows that it's been picked up in GA and is in transit (10 months later). A friend of mine found his 1250 on the side of the highway next to his mailbox in the weeds because the driver didn't want to go down a paved private road with room to turn around a semi truck. Again, no call, text, or knock on the door.

For what is effectively an Internet retailer, their shipper is our initial and only direct interaction with the company. Amazon figured out a few years ago that OnTrac was doing them a disservice and built their own delivery franchise operation to improve accountability. Obviously I'm not expecting to see Recteq trucks in the neighborhood ever, but for this business model, your shipper of choice is representing your business.

I admit, I did call and complain when my grill arrived unannounced with prominent labels saying "Recteq 1250" aka, "Come steal me." The 12 year old that answered the phone at Recteq fed me the same line that, "It was out of their hands and call back if anything is damaged."

Admittedly I was so eager to build my grill and start cooking that I never followed up as there was no damage. After being here for a while and finding out that my bad introduction to Recteq paled in comparison to others' horror stories, I am not that forgiving. It causes me to pause about ordering a Bullseye or something else from Recteq.

I am beyond frustrated with shipping. This has nothing to do with recteq they handled getting it out the door promptly. My rt700 was picked up by the shipper on the 13th and I still don’t have it. It has been sitting at the local delivery terminal for two weeks now. I called to see if I could just come pick it up and was told that wasn’t possible. They couldn’t even give me an estimate of when it will be delivered.

Can’t wait to get this fired up. I’m a patient guy but it’s already been a month since I ordered it.

I had an issue with SEF although not as long as yours. I wemt after managent, calm and cool, no bashing. I got it elevated and was respectful (sometimes hard for me) but once I got my point across to the right level, waaahaaa magic happened and I got it the next day.

Was asked a couple simple questions when came for delivery time, whether room for semi or freight truck, turn around room,or drive thru. Could not back up into driveway. Ramps on semi at end of driveway was as close as could get. Was able to slide into trailer to get to garage. RT is at the mercy of freight haulers for your specific area.

Rec Teq chose the shipper. That shipper represents Rec Teq.

I would call Rec Teq and tell them if the damn thing isn’t delivered in the next three days you are calling your CC company and protesting the charges.

Hey I'm having the same issue. Kinda. My shipper lied to recteq 3 times now and claims I told them I want to pick it up. Like you said they Said I cannot do that. I finally called recteq and they handled it very quickly. The shipping manager went from rude to apologizing every 3 seconds after recteq called her. I would just call recteq. Let them deal with the shitty delivery company's. Mine here is zepp. They are even worse than estes if you can believe that. Anyway my grill is being delivered tomorrow now. They told me they don't deliver on Saturdays also. After recteq called them now they magically do. People suck man. Again just call recteq they have your back. Actually the man who helped me at recteq was "Darby" ask for him. I recommend him highly.

I think that it is quite variably for place to place. The driver (Estes) for my 590 called ahead and placed the pallet where I asked in my garage. Could not have bee nicer. 380 showed up on front porch via UPS unannounced. YMMV.

Semi comical update. The local shipping agent told me the delay is because they only deliver to my area on Wednesdays. When questioned about why it hasn’t been delivered the last 2 Wednesdays they have had it the response was “ well not every Wednesday”. Also couldn’t guarantee it next Wednesday. Complete joke at this point. Going to call recteq Monday to see if they can help.

After all this, I'd be inclined to go straight to disputing the Recteq charge with my credit card company. Enough is enough.

Let Recteq sort it out. It'll end up being a big deal between Recteq and Estes. Well, let me rephrase that; It will at least be a big deal between Recteq and the local (to Recteq) Estes Rep. Whether or not Estes management cares enough to do anything about it is an entirely different matter.

Vowing to never do business with Estes again ain't gonna do sh*t. You're a residential customer, not a commercial customer that has ongoing business they may lose.

Update to my last post. Recteq did get them to deliver my rt 340 bundle on that Saturday. Apon opening the grill the probe on the left side of the grill was bent so I emailed them that day. On Monday i got 2 emails that were both shipments from recteq. I was really confused why they sent me 2. They sent me a rub and sauce bundle to compensate me for the shipping madness and the bent probe. They overnighted me a new probe. So it may have been a crazy mess but atleast they compensate you for when something goes wrong. I've never gotten that from any other company. All and all if I ever want a different grill I'll take a trip down to Georgia and pick it up. I'll make a fun little vacation out of it or something.

Semi comical update. The local shipping agent told me the delay is because they only deliver to my area on Wednesdays. When questioned about why it hasn’t been delivered the last 2 Wednesdays they have had it the response was “ well not every Wednesday”. Also couldn’t guarantee it next Wednesday. Complete joke at this point. Going to call recteq Monday to see if they can help.
Do you have an update for us? Calling recteq really helped me. The shipping company was giving me a few lines also. Like they lost power and didn't have working phones. Lol. Recteq called them and it was delivered the next day. Hope it went that way for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back