Shipping Damage

They will offer you a rub to accept it 🤣 ..

Seriously.. I hope you are getting that replaced.
Depending on the customer service agent, Recteq will offer either a few rubs, pellets, an accessory under $100, or a cover as their initial offer. Don't settle on their initial offer. It may take a little more work, but you can get more out of them.

My Stampede was thankfully safe, but I had major concerns with the damage to the box in multiple places and the pallet it was on was badly damaged. I took lots of pics before opening everything, RT most certainly packs/protects everything well, just shows how careless the shipping companies are being. :cautious:

Recteq is apparently a slow learner! If I was running a business where I was constantly replacing items damaged in shipping, I’d be looking for a new shipping company.

That said, I’ve had two RT grills delivered by Estes and the only damage I experienced was one bag of pellets torn a bit by contact with adlacent grill parts.
I worked in a major retailor's warehouse many years ago. I estimate about 25%—50% of fragile material was broken before and during loading and unloading of the trucks just at the warehouse. Worker would knowingly load and ship boxes full of broken material.

I remember about 6 years ago I ordered a new expensive TV that was shipped by XPO. They missed several delivery dates that I took off work for. Needless to say, 6 years later, that TV is still missing.

🤣

First post here, Estes shipped, Delivery guys said box looked like it was rough but he opened the lid and said it looked good. They delivered at 10am and I was working... got off at 5 and was stoked to get my first pellet smoker built and seasoned, my birthday is coming up and this was the plan to feed everyone. Flipped it to it's back per the youtube instructions and found that 2 of the 4 leg holes are damaged/crushed to the point of no repair. I called RecTeq and left a voicemail, not sure where this process will lead.

You can see in the first photo that it was transported on top of someone else's delivery.

What happened to the rest of you with damaged product?

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3763.jpg
    IMG_3763.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3768.jpg
    IMG_3768.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 130
First post here, Estes shipped, Delivery guys said box looked like it was rough but he opened the lid and said it looked good. They delivered at 10am and I was working... got off at 5 and was stoked to get my first pellet smoker built and seasoned, my birthday is coming up and this was the plan to feed everyone. Flipped it to it's back per the youtube instructions and found that 2 of the 4 leg holes are damaged/crushed to the point of no repair. I called RecTeq and left a voicemail, not sure where this process will lead.

You can see in the first photo that it was transported on top of someone else's delivery.

What happened to the rest of you with damaged product?

They will take care of it. Most you will lose is some time. You would think they would change something by now. If I had the $$ lost here with their shipping damage I could retire already.

They will take care of it. Most you will lose is some time. You would think they would change something by now. If I had the $$ lost here with their shipping damage I could retire already.
I hope so, my main concern is if they replace this, will the replacement be damaged too? Considering these are shipped from Georgia and I’m in Washington state

I hope so, my main concern is if they replace this, will the replacement be damaged too? Considering these are shipped from Georgia and I’m in Washington state
I’m in Washington state as well and, even though I’m no particular fan of Estes, they have managed to deliver two grills to me without damage. I think there is a very good chance the replacement will arrive in good condition. If not, call RT again and tell them to ship another one. The odds are with you here; go for it!

As I posted the other day, during the April Academy, we had a bunch of discussions about all things Rec-Teq. One comment was made about Estes, while we were touring the warehouse. It appears that the consensus was that there are "good" Estes and "bad" Estes. While I know that they would never publish the number, but I really wonder what percentage of shipments by Estes are delivered to the final destination, damaged. @FishSauce -- We will all be keeping our fingers crossed that the replacement arrives, issue free. Rec-Teq Customer Service is pretty much awesome. Smoke on !!

As I posted the other day, during the April Academy, we had a bunch of discussions about all things Rec-Teq. One comment was made about Estes, while we were touring the warehouse. It appears that the consensus was that there are "good" Estes and "bad" Estes. While I know that they would never publish the number, but I really wonder what percentage of shipments by Estes are delivered to the final destination, damaged. @FishSauce -- We will all be keeping our fingers crossed that the replacement arrives, issue free. Rec-Teq Customer Service is pretty much awesome. Smoke on !!
Thanks for the input Rip, I'll be calling them first thing tomorrow. I hope I can get this resolved.

IMO, the purchaser should not be responsible for repackaging for the return. I think that should be on the shipper that trashed it in the first place.

IMO, the purchaser should not be responsible for repackaging for the return. I think that should be on the shipper that trashed it in the first place.
They just asked me to get it back onto the pallet, best I can - so it can be taken away. The shippers would stretch wrap it back at the warehouse I suppose.

I just got off the phone with Kaci Cheatam with RecTeq who was incredibly kind and understanding. They offered to send a new one expedited so I can have it for the 7/4 holiday opted to just return it for now. I'll more than likely re-order in the next few months, maybe I'll upgrade to a 700 :)

For what it's worth to anyone looking to order on the west coast, she told me that they opened up a new warehouse in Utah and you can request for and order from them. You can also request not to have ESTES as the shipper.

-Another customer impressed with RecTeq Customer Service.

I just got off the phone with Kaci Cheatam with RecTeq who was incredibly kind and understanding. They offered to send a new one expedited so I can have it for the 7/4 holiday opted to just return it for now. I'll more than likely re-order in the next few months, maybe I'll upgrade to a 700 :)

For what it's worth to anyone looking to order on the west coast, she told me that they opened up a new warehouse in Utah and you can request for and order from them. You can also request not to have ESTES as the shipper.

-Another customer impressed with RecTeq Customer Service.
Yep, in an earlier thread, there is the "announcement" of the new SLC, Utah warehouse/store. The Store Director was in our Academy class, getting his feet wet in the cooking/product/customer service arena. He was really friendly, and appeared really sincere. I'm guessing this was one of the "cash injection" results. The West and Mid-West customers should really benefit, having the supply closer, and less "handling". The last day, they had him out, manning the "scratch and dent" sale at the loading dock. He was sweating...

I see many are accepting damaged boxes.
I'm still waiting for a contact from delivery company 5 days after ordering.
What happens if your box is damaged & you refuse to accept the delivery? I see nothing on their site addressing this.

My 340 bundle was delivered back in June by Southeastern Freight...I live in GA.
Excellent service...arrived perfect. On the day and time that I was told.
Driver unloaded it right into my garage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back