Bull she still safe to use?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So yesterday my grill was off and i noticed i left the light on inside and went to flip it off and got a big spark from the red switch so naturally i tried it again and got another big spark and blew the button off! so i just unplugged the grill. does anyone know if thats a stand alone part that should not effect the controller? i got some manager special whole chickens yesterday that are probably about to turn on me if i don’t cook them lol. so you guys think its safe to use? i have no idea if the switch is currently on or off before it blew out.

Attachments

• 89EC7DFD-4CFE-47AB-93D9-2A3F6E7C1F9C.jpeg
    89EC7DFD-4CFE-47AB-93D9-2A3F6E7C1F9C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
You should be okay as long as the light remains off.

It's possible the lamp wire in the rear between barrel and hopper is shorted. I think it has been mentioned here a couple of times.

That happened on mine and it was from the light wire that was pinched where it comes into the housing behind the hooper. Still haven't been able to replace it. Wires cant be pulled thru it so I may have to pull the hopper away a bit to get it installed.

i took jfrost27 advice and called recteq to check to see if it was safe to use. they said it was like. i had already emailed to see if i could get a new switch so i didn’t ask about that. i will do what ever is required to fix it. it’s possible i melted a wire because i cook alot of pizzas.

i took jfrost27 advice and called recteq to check to see if it was safe to use. they said it was like. i had already emailed to see if i could get a new switch so i didn’t ask about that. i will do what ever is required to fix it. it’s possible i melted a wire because i cook alot of pizzas.
Nope, it's that 3 RPM flame thrower you got there 🤣

So yesterday my grill was off and i noticed i left the light on inside and went to flip it off and got a big spark from the red switch so naturally i tried it again and got another big spark and blew the button off! so i just unplugged the grill. does anyone know if thats a stand alone part that should not effect the controller? i got some manager special whole chickens yesterday that are probably about to turn on me if i don’t cook them lol. so you guys think its safe to use? i have no idea if the switch is currently on or off before it blew out.
Mierda! Glad you’re okay 👍🏻

yup she blew up, it was a hoot! all good though. recteq is sending a new switch and light kit. complete light kit is only $19.95. backordered for a month though. will post pictures on how to take hopper off and replace when it comes in. grill worked fine yesterday and my chicken was saved on its expiration date lol

yup she blew up, it was a hoot! all good though. recteq is sending a new switch and light kit. complete light kit is only $19.95. backordered for a month though. will post pictures on how to take hopper off and replace when it comes in. grill worked fine yesterday and my chicken was saved on its expiration date lol
I haven't done that repair myself. If possible try to use old wires to pull new wires. May save you some time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back