Seasoning inside of bullseye

Hey guys, had my bullseye for a month and love it. I’ve been seeing pictures of some guys with a perfect shiny bronze seasoning on the inside of their grills, whereas mine is almost “charred” with some soot. I might be a bit OCD on appearance, but I would imagine this seasoning would be easier to wipe down as needed.

any insight would be appreciated!

exhibit A:

Attachments

• C5911266-FA3E-4B04-BA58-B5E52C42111F.jpeg
    C5911266-FA3E-4B04-BA58-B5E52C42111F.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 141
From the pic it appears to be normal.

Black soot is not normal unless there was a grease fire.

Trying some new stuff today. I am smoking two turkey breasts bone in with both injected. one is rubbed with jerk seasoning made from Grace Jerk paste stuff and injected with Tonys Garlic butter injection . The other is injected with Tony's creole butter and an Operation BBQ Creole rub. Both in pans with chicken broth and butter. I bought a smoker tube and I think I successfully lighted it with a torch . I am using a competition blend in the tube and Apple in the Bull.

IMG_20210410_142806436.jpg

Sounds like it was the grills first cook. That’s why it looks so good.
Mine is almost black, but doesn’t rub off the fingers like soot. Miss that “new grill look” haha

After cooking a pork butt, ribs and some other fatty meat then running riot mode for 15 minutes after each cook, it gave me a shiny black lid and part of the barrel. I always use a drip pan and have not experienced a flame up, riot mode turns all the grease into black ash that is easy to clean up. I really like how well my B-380 has seasoned, it actually looks like black enamel paint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back