Searing on a Matador?

Biggs300

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just curious about the Matador. With the griddle accessory, would it get hot enough to sear? If not, I'm wondering if the GriddleGreats or GrillGrates could be used along with the Matador griddle for searing purposes. Just wondering out loud I guess. If it could, I would get rid of my gasser.

Your best option for searing on the Matador is getting a cast iron pan for it. IMO the griddle sits too high on the ring to get very hot, considering the Matador’s burners are only 18k BTU. Here’s the Lodge 17“ pan I use, about the same price as the recteq round griddle.

EA144D06-6BAE-43D5-A4F5-60A814D13A77.jpeg

Your best option for searing on the Matador is getting a cast iron pan for it. IMO the griddle sits too high on the ring to get very hot, considering the Matador’s burners are only 18k BTU. Here’s the Lodge 17“ pan I use, about the same price as the recteq round griddle.

View attachment 8898
I just received the matador today. I had also ordered the griddle but cancelled it. I am going to take your advice and order the 17” Lodge pan. I hope I get a lot of use out of it.

You might in the very center of it.. depends on how much you are looking to do at once. If you can cover it somehow based on what you decide on I would recommend it to hold the heat. The burner is not very strong... don't kick the gasser to the curb just yet.

I bought the griddle, for the Bullseye. I thought I could get rid of my Blackstone by getting it. I still have the Blackstone, and I’d give away the recteq griddle if someone came here to pick it up. It’s a nicely made piece, but just as inconvenient as can be to store and use. Nope, not interested in the hassle of shipping it if anyone asks!

I bought the griddle, for the Bullseye. I thought I could get rid of my Blackstone by getting it. I still have the Blackstone, and I’d give away the recteq griddle if someone came here to pick it up. It’s a nicely made piece, but just as inconvenient as can be to store and use. Nope, not interested in the hassle of shipping it if anyone asks!
Disappointed that the matador is only 18k btu
I discovered the matador from watching Country View Acres on YouTube. He made it look that it was much stronger. I guess I can’t talk you into shipping the griddle to me as I live in NJ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back