Sauseeeege Day

BigFish

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Fresh sausage day. 3 flavors, fennel, cheese and parsley, and hot. Going to put some on the 590. Made a few pinwheels for the grill too!

Attachments

• sa1.jpg
    sa1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 98
  • sa2.jpg
    sa2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 84
  • sa3.jpg
    sa3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 80
  • sa4.jpg
    sa4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 74
Wow! Those look great. That’s a lot of work but it’s a labor of love I’m sure. My son just finished making some with venison and he added 25 percent pork fat in while he was grinding it. I hope you enjoy those bad boys.

Fresh sausage day. 3 flavors, fennel, cheese and parsley, and hot. Going to put some on the 590. Made a few pinwheels for the grill too!
First of all I love the movie BigFish, it is a classic. Maybe one day I will move up to making my own! What do you need to do that?
Either that or bread making, hmmmmm...

It all looks great!

Wow! Those look great. That’s a lot of work but it’s a labor of love I’m sure. My son just finished making some with venison and he added 25 percent pork fat in while he was grinding it. I hope you enjoy those bad boys.
Thank, we just got a hold of some venison. Going to do a mix sometime this week. We have to test the mixture, never did it with venison.

First of all I love the movie BigFish, it is a classic. Maybe one day I will move up to making my own! What do you need to do that?
Either that or bread making, hmmmmm...

It all looks great!
I'm not sure what all it takes, but my FIL tried his hand at it a few years back. He said by the time he paid for everything he needed it was cheaper to buy it and he couldn't get it to taste as good as what he bought. I will say he is a pure cajun and gets his sausage from a small store in south Louisiana. Their sausage is great and we buy a cooler full every time we go down there.

Nice work.. enjoy those guys.. Would love to try your hot. The grocery stores don't seem to add enough heat anymore.
Every place seems to be like that now days except some of the Thai places. I don't know how many places I've gotten stuff saying it was very spicy and it barely registered for me. I honestly have been thinking my taste buds are going bad in my old age.

I'm not sure what all it takes, but my FIL tried his hand at it a few years back. He said by the time he paid for everything he needed it was cheaper to buy it and he couldn't get it to taste as good as what he bought. I will say he is a pure cajun and gets his sausage from a small store in south Louisiana. Their sausage is great and we buy a cooler full every time we go down there.
This is authentic Italian sausage. It is not the same as what sausage here in the south is. Southern sausage tastes more like smoked hot dogs to us from the north. I'm from NY and Italian, this is not sold in any store (even if it says "Italian style") here in Florida. I have all the equipment already, because I cure and/or smoke my own meats for years. There's a group of us here and it's more of a quality and a comradery thing more than a price thing. The 'schtuff' we produce can not be bought in any store.

Every place seems to be like that now days except some of the Thai places. I don't know how many places I've gotten stuff saying it was very spicy and it barely registered for me. I honestly have been thinking my taste buds are going bad in my old age.

Exactly.. I started to back off ordering spicy years ago cause it seemed to be a bit much. Especially Thai.. I can feel the back of my neck get wet just thinking about it :).

Now you can barely tell the difference for most places or grocery stores that advertise spicy. I don't like it red hot but to the point where it enhances it is nice. I guess resorting to making your own like this is the way to go.

Exactly.. I started to back off ordering spicy years ago cause it seemed to be a bit much. Especially Thai.. I can feel the back of my neck get wet just thinking about it :).

Now you can barely tell the difference for most places or grocery stores that advertise spicy. I don't like it red hot but to the point where it enhances it is nice. I guess resorting to making your own like this is the way to go.
We had some Wildfork hot italian sausages this week, and they were too hot for all but 2 of us, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. Maybe add them to your next order. The sweets were probably as hot as the grocery store spicy...

We had some Wildfork hot italian sausages this week, and they were too hot for all but 2 of us, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. Maybe add them to your next order. The sweets were probably as hot as the grocery store spicy...

Really? I had these ones Sausage and they were not convincing. Maybe I got the wrong ones?

That sounds like a lot of fun. Keeping the old traditions alive is a good thing. Many of them are getting lost as the older generations leave us. My mom still cans tomatoes and makes jelly and jam from the berries and wild plums that they go pick. It’s a lot of work but well worth the effort. The thing about venison is it’s very lean so you almost have to add some fat to it, but it is good. It’s pretty cool to hunt and take an animal and then enjoy what it give you. I’m more into fishing these days. It sucks getting older but I did pass it on to my sons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back