Sausage Stuffer recommendations

Threadcutter

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I know it's off topic and if this kind of question is not allowed, Mods are welcome to nuke this thread........

I'm looking to purchase a motorized Sausage Stuffer, 22LBS 10L (approximately). Not really looking for hand cranked. The one in the eBay link below is the smallest motorized stuffer that they (Hakka) make and I like the fact that the meat cylinder is shorter/wider as opposed to some that are longer/skinnier.

There are a ton of them out there, but this is in the range of what I'm looking for;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203289765187

"Hakka 22LBS 10L Electric Sausage Stuffer 2 Speed Commercial Meat Filler Maker". I know it's not really "commercial" grade and that it's Chinesium. But, it appears to be on the upper end of that spectrum and it hits my price point (for the most part).

It's at the top end of what I'm willing to spend. Looking for deals or alternate suggestions.

Reactions: NBK
like the fact that the meat cylinder is shorter/wider as opposed to some that are longer/skinnier.
Not sure if this is a benefit. If stuffing sticks, the bigger plunger makes it a lot harder than a smaller one. My 5# Lem hand crank is "way" more proficient than when I try and use the 25# motorized. Just my observation of prior use of the 2.
Hakka, pretty good brand. Lem is great but $$$

Not sure if this is a benefit. If stuffing sticks, the bigger plunger makes it a lot harder than a smaller one. My 5# Lem hand crank is "way" more proficient than when I try and use the 25# motorized. Just my observation of prior use of the 2.
Hakka, pretty good brand. Lem is great but $$$
I suspected that may be the case. As it turns out, I found a LEM motorized 20 pounder on AMZN for a great price yesterday afternoon, so I ordered it. Even with the discount, it was more than I wanted to spend. But, LEM seems to generally get high marks and is an American company. Both plusses in my book.

Oh, and Hakka has a big footprint on eBay. They have the "Make Offer" option on most of their listings. So, I tried it. Twice. Both times, they responded back with "Offer Declined" and no Counteroffer. My second offer was within $20.00 of the "Buy It Now" price. Seems like they were/are just playing games. I decided I had wasted enough time on them and didn't make any further offers. I tripped across the LEM on AMZN right after that. Seemed like a no brainer, so I pulled the trigger on the LEM. Kind of satisfying how it worked out......

As I was looking around and got more information, I started to see that small diameter snack sticks could potentially be a problem with some machines. Some of the machines for sale don't include the small (1/2" or 5/8") tubes, which seems to be a good indicator that the manufacturer doesn't want people stuffing anything that small.

The LEM that I ordered does come with a small tube, so I "think" it should be OK for small stuff. So, we'll see.

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated 🙂

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back