Sams Club BBQ beans

Steves55

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Wife picked up some bbq beans from Sams Club, the refrigerated ones in the plastic tub. Since I will be doing some baby backs, I was thinking of adding some smoke to the beans by putting them in my 590. Anyone do this? Worth it? Good or bad idea? How long in the 590?

Wife picked up some bbq beans from Sams Club, the refrigerated ones in the plastic tub. Since I will be doing some baby backs, I was thinking of adding some smoke to the beans by putting them in my 590. Anyone do this? Worth it? Good or bad idea? How long in the 590?
Yes!

I'm not familiar with the Sam's Club bbq beans, but I frequently put some pork and beans on my 590. I can't give you a recipe as my concoction may be a little different each time. Suffice to say that I usually smoke at 250. I will add saved smoked pork or uncooked bacon to each batch. I leave them on about 2 hours, including rest time for whatever meat I might be smoking. YMMV.

I'm not familiar with the Sam's Club bbq beans, but I frequently put some pork and beans on my 590. I can't give you a recipe as my concoction may be a little different each time. Suffice to say that I usually smoke at 250. I will add saved smoked pork or uncooked bacon to each batch. I leave them on about 2 hours, including rest time for whatever meat I might be smoking. YMMV.
Their BBQ beans are epic. I haven't had them in awhile so I can't remember if they are smoky or not. They have brisket in them with the fat on edges. Not tiny flakes, that piece was right on top & is bigger than the end of spoon. I have some bacon but I doubt I need it. I also have some pork trimmings but I might hold off, unless you think they would add flavor. I'll put them on a few hours towards the end of cook. Added smoke flavor....... lol
IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

Good luck. I LOVE baked beans but did not like these at all. Of course I ended up eating them but would not buy again.

IMHO, any type of beans are better heated up or cooked on the smoker. Can't hurt compared to heating in a pan on the stove or a dish in the oven.

I added a bit of bacon and smoked for about 2 1/2 hours. Delicious!

Yes. When I make baked beans I put them in my 590 230-250 until they cook down to my liking. Stir them every 30 minute. Definitely worth the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back