Rural King

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
It appears the Rural King stores are no longer selling Lumberjack pellets near me (Middle Tennessee). They are selling "Rural King BBQ Pellets". Anyone tried these pellets or know who is manufacturing them?

So apparently some of the marketing in Rural King is saying that they are made by Lumber Jack. Apparently this is not true if you call LJ. So as of now Noone knows who actually makes RK pellets. Also LJ is coming up with a response for all the false marketing by RK. found this out from a different forum. Smokingmeatforums.com

I’ve tried two blends of the RK pellets-the Competition blend and the Southwest blend. I wanted to try the 100% Hickory but they were sold out. I like them-don’t know who makes them (RK says LJ does) and I really don’t care. They are every bit as good as the LJ pellets I used to get at RK.

There have been lots of opinions on the LJ-Rural King situation. Regardless, RK currently has 20# bags of their branded pellets on sale for $4.99. My girlfriend’s dad told me about the sale last night and I told him I’d pick some up since I would be nearby today. At that price I couldn’t resist grabbing a few bags for myself. Once I get a chance to try them I’ll post my feedback. In the meantime, if you need some pellets on the cheap, head to Rural King.

My “local” Rural King is a mere 1,670 miles away in Warrenton, MO. If I take the Ferrari, average 160 MPH and get lucky with the highway cops, I could make it there and back in less than 24 hours! :ROFLMAO:

My “local” Rural King is a mere 1,670 miles away in Warrenton, MO. If I take the Ferrari, average 160 MPH and get lucky with the highway cops, I could make it there and back in less than 24 hours! :ROFLMAO:
That’s the one I went to!!

Jim6820, great analysis. At the current gas prices you would come out cheaper cutting down Joshua trees and Saguaro catcti, paying the fine, converting them to pellets and cooking with them. lol.

Jim6820, great analysis. At the current gas prices you would come out cheaper cutting down Joshua trees and Saguaro catcti, paying the fine, converting them to pellets and cooking with them. lol.
That would still require a 3,200-mile round trip in the Ferrari since we don’t have Joshua Trees and Saguaro Cacti up here in northwest Washington state.

Top Gear 80S GIF by leeamerica

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back