Rural King Pellets

Any updates on this?..my store went to the "Rural king" only now too....
Grrr
On Instagram I follow Kentucky BBQ Supply, a fairly large dealership located in Paducah KY. They just posted this on Instagram:

’The LONG AWAITED pellet delivery arrived today! If you have been waiting for a restock, wait no longer. Come by the store and grab your favorite variety of Lumberjack Pellets.’

So it looks like LJ pellets may just be one more victim of supply chain problems.

I just called Lumberjack personally.
They ARE NOT making pellets or will be for rural king. They even said some managers are lying about it.
Some stores may decide to carry both..... But if you call they will give you a better location near you to try.

The only reasonably local LJ dealer in my area is listed as Dick’s Sporting Goods. I am not a fan of Dick’s Sporting Goods, but decided to check with my local store to see which LJ pellets they stock. None! And, they don’t plan to stock them in the store either. You can order online for home delivery, but the delivery charge boosts the price significantly.

Since I can get Bear Mountain pellets locally, looks like that’s the direction I will be going when I need pellets again.

For those of you who don't have a Rural Kink around maybe you have an Atwood's Ranch and Home. Very similar stores who carry LJ pellets and Bear Mtn. Tractor Supply is also carrying Bear Mtn. and Academy Sports was carrying B&B pellets. All for similar prices and all good pellets. It is commonly said that Dick's Sporting Goods will price match LJ pellets.

For those of you with a Cabelas close by, their pellets are $9.99 / bag and are made by Lumberjack.

I just called Lumberjack personally.
They ARE NOT making pellets or will be for rural king. They even said some managers are lying about it.
Some stores may decide to carry both..... But if you call they will give you a better location near you to try.
What is interesting(and I believe you) that these Rural King pellets are the same varities as the lumber jack ones. (their competition blend is the same types of wood as LJ)

I decided to get some bags. I have used their competition in my Bullseye which no issues.

I have not tried their 100% hickory in my Bull yet but they look fine so I figured for $1 less a bag, why not. So far so good from my using.

LJ does make Cabela's pellets for sure. You will also find Cabela's pellets in your Bass Pro Shops.

What is interesting(and I believe you) that these Rural King pellets are the same varities as the lumber jack ones. (their competition blend is the same types of wood as LJ)

I decided to get some bags. I have used their competition in my Bullseye which no issues.

I have not tried their 100% hickory in my Bull yet but they look fine so I figured for $1 less a bag, why not. So far so good from my using.
Ive found that,imo, the 100% one wood one flavor Lumberjacks are the best overall pellets out there by far
I dont use the blends at all..
Most other brands use fillers or 40% base woods like oak... Im not sure what Great lakes Electric does different, but I can definitely tell a difference and its not (in my head)...lol...(. I think Bear Mountain is my #2)

Ive found that,imo, the 100% one wood one flavor Lumberjacks are the best overall pellets out there by far
I dont use the blends at all..
Most other brands use fillers or 40% base woods like oak... Im not sure what Great lakes Electric does different, but I can definitely tell a difference and its not (in my head)...lol...(. I think Bear Mountain is my #2)
I agree. I buy 100% hickory, 100% cherry for cooks in my Bull. I do buy the competition blends just for my Bullseye that is for high heat cooks.

Rural King or other places don't carry 100% pecan, wish they did.

I agree. I buy 100% hickory, 100% cherry for cooks in my Bull. I do buy the competition blends just for my Bullseye that is for high heat cooks.

Rural King or other places don't carry 100% pecan, wish they did.
I like that combo of LJ 100% hickory and cherry bags. I toss them together in my buckets. I have also done the 100% oak by itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back