Rural King Pellet Sale

BradBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Does anyone know how often RK has LJ pellets on sale? I am getting close and need to get some more but dont want to fully restock if a sale is coming up. Anyone familiar enough with them to know the frequency by any chance?

Does anyone know how often RK has LJ pellets on sale? I am getting close and need to get some more but dont want to fully restock if a sale is coming up. Anyone familiar enough with them to know the frequency by any chance?
RK LG pellets regular price at $8.88 is good price.

This mans got a spreadsheet or something! Thank you!!!
Nah, just used the search function here. I post whenever RK has a sale, so I just searched for the term ‘rural’ posted by user me, and it returns every post on rural I’ve made. Of course other users would not necessarily know who has posted about what, so these types of searches are only useful to one person! Glad to help.

Additional weight may reduce fuel economy. Just get one bag 😁
That is a very valid point. Maybe I should find someone local in Peru, IL and split the bag with them just to make sure I save more fuel.

I really wish I had a Rural King closer than that as that is a great deal even at normal prices.

That is a very valid point. Maybe I should find someone local in Peru, IL and split the bag with them just to make sure I save more fuel.

I really wish I had a Rural King closer than that as that is a great deal even at normal prices.
Which Rural King do you go to? I go to the Plano one which I'm thinking that maybe where you go. It's like 30 minute drive for me from North Aurora.

I must of missed the sale this past May as I was buying from a guy who is a cookinpellets dealer but he had to raise his prices and as much as I like the cookinpellets product, I don't see a huge difference between cookinpellets and lumberjack. Really the only thing I noticed was the amount of ash. Cookinpellets produces WAY less ash but flavor smoke wise, don't notice anything.

A couple years ago, they sold the bags for $5 each but had a limit I believe of 10. But that was the best deal I've ever gotten on good pellets.

Which Rural King do you go to? I go to the Plano one which I'm thinking that maybe where you go. It's like 30 minute drive for me from North Aurora.

I must of missed the sale this past May as I was buying from a guy who is a cookinpellets dealer but he had to raise his prices and as much as I like the cookinpellets product, I don't see a huge difference between cookinpellets and lumberjack. Really the only thing I noticed was the amount of ash. Cookinpellets produces WAY less ash but flavor smoke wise, don't notice anything.

A couple years ago, they sold the bags for $5 each but had a limit I believe of 10. But that was the best deal I've ever gotten on good pellets.
I've never been to a Rural King. The closest one is over 7 hours away one way. I was thinking of trying cookinpellets but after trying 4 different kinds and not being able to tell any difference I doubt that I will try them.

I'm in the process of adding a smoke generator this weekend to my 1250.

I've never been to a Rural King. The closest one is over 7 hours away one way. I was thinking of trying cookinpellets but after trying 4 different kinds and not being able to tell any difference I doubt that I will try them.

I'm in the process of adding a smoke generator this weekend to my 1250.
Which smoke generator are you adding? FYI - I have the smokedaddy magna PIG on my 700.

If you don't have a Rural King, but have a Cabelas, you could just get the Cabelas pellets. They're under $10 / 20# bag and made by LJ.

We don't have a Rural King anywhere close by. The nearest one is over two hours away. For Lumber Jack, I usually go in on a "Group Buy" from BBQ Pellets Online, a one ton order split four ways, so 1/4 ton each, any combination of wood, 20 or 40 lb bags, but has to be picked up at a freight terminal. The nearest terminal in the KC area is less than a half hour away. My latest order this Spring came out to average $0.35/lb including shipping charges, or $7 for a 20 lb bag, $14 for a 40 lb bag.

For a Smoke Generator, I use a Smokai, similar to a Smoke Daddy, available in 1/2, 1, 3 or 4 liter sizes, mine being a 1 liter on a RT-700. Instead of attaching it permanently, I used 3/4 inch copper pipe. I run the fan in test mode on the Bull for cold smoke or run in conjunction with the Bull for added smoke. It uses pellets, chips or small chunks.

We don't have a Rural King anywhere close by. The nearest one is over two hours away. For Lumber Jack, I usually go in on a "Group Buy" from BBQ Pellets Online, a one ton order split four ways, so 1/4 ton each, any combination of wood, 20 or 40 lb bags, but has to be picked up at a freight terminal. The nearest terminal in the KC area is less than a half hour away. My latest order this Spring came out to average $0.35/lb including shipping charges, or $7 for a 20 lb bag, $14 for a 40 lb bag.

For a Smoke Generator, I use a Smokai, similar to a Smoke Daddy, available in 1/2, 1, 3 or 4 liter sizes, mine being a 1 liter on a RT-700. Instead of attaching it permanently, I used 3/4 inch copper pipe. I run the fan in test mode on the Bull for cold smoke or run in conjunction with the Bull for added smoke. It uses pellets, chips or small chunks.
Do you have a picture of your set up for the cold smoke? I was looking at using the probe hole for cold smoking. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back