Rumor has it Recteq is getting new investors

Eddy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rumor has it from a local news guy in Georgia that recteq is getting a new investor.

congrats to recteq, I just hope the new corporate guys don't change things up to much.
recteqinvestors.png

MO MONEY MO PROBLEMS, for us consumers that is.. Never fails that when a business gets bigger its service goes down. But one can hope that RT doesn't. Time will tell..
Hope for the best.

i thought that was the same reason when the started? they couldnt acquire the q ?
I remeber rumors going round bout when they do get the q. ?
Why the name change to Rec TeQ? | Rec Teq Pellet Grill Forum (recteqforum.com)

i thought that was the same reason when the started? they couldnt acquire the q ?
I remeber rumors going round bout when they do get the q. ?
RECTEQ - Rec Tec Industries, LLC Trademark Registration (uspto.report)

I echo ndfan6464. Corner cutting sure to follow so the investor can recoup sooner. Hopefully mine will last long enough for my kids to fight over.

For how well they seem to be doing the only thing that comes to mind is "Why?"

And my own answer I don't like. Hope I'm wrong again like the Matador comeback. I am sure there is room for improvements all around but I don't think an investor is needed for that. Usually that means squeeze the exact opposite. I would think they could grow themselves at this point.

For how well they seem to be doing the only thing that comes to mind is "Why?"

And my own answer I don't like. Hope I'm wrong again like the Matador comeback. I am sure there is room for improvements all around but I don't think an investor is needed for that. Usually that means squeeze the exact opposite. I would think they could grow themselves at this point.
The "why" you ask??? Money, perhaps greed.

Or maybe they are not doing as good as it appears...😱.
I worked for a private owned company and our new investors (PE firm) took over, it was all about squeezing every penny out of the business, employees basically became expendable and quality when down due to outsourcing more products.

After reading about the “q” trademark & since I’ve been up smoking for a couple hours, I noticed that my Nov 2020 RT590 new purchased smoker still shows RecTec “c” not only on the controller, but also stamped on the Comp Cart. Maybe old inventory for Black Friday deal?
Makes my ultra rare 1 of 1 Texas Edition RT590 even more special 😁

Attachments

• 338123CA-68C2-46A9-8577-E0CC792E412C.jpeg
    338123CA-68C2-46A9-8577-E0CC792E412C.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 0B6E37DE-C03F-4933-B2D1-03D46E98166E.jpeg
    0B6E37DE-C03F-4933-B2D1-03D46E98166E.jpeg
    962.6 KB · Views: 99
This was posted in the FB Recteq Grill Owners of America page.

Raymond Carnes said:
Recteq and I want to set the record straight. We are currently in negotiations to partner with an amazing investment group. Ron and I will remain cofounders and nothing will change for our amazing customers. As always, the Recteq family will be our top priority. Providing the best customer service possible and help you be the best griller you can be will remain our number one goal. We will keep you updated if this partnership becomes finalized. Thanks to everyone for your continued support. Buckle up becuase the best is yet to come.
Sincerely,
Ray Carnes

When the terms are being dictated by others it's hard to maintain the status quo.

Exactly.. it would have weight from someone else's coin. Won't be their alone decision any longer.

No investor is going to dump money in without having a say. My guess is a cheaper product (thinner steel?) with increased margins. I watched this happen to another company last year with an awesome product. They got bought out and now have taken a back burner on quality. All the chatter on the forums died about the once awesome product. The very little talk now on the forums is how the quality has dropped. No more rave reviews anymore about this product. I bet this happens to Rec Teq, too. I hope not though as a proud owner of two RT grills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back