Bull Rubbery chicken

Wayde F

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I cook some chicken on my RT 700 until it reached the temperature of 165 to 170. Some of the thicker pieces were rubbery. Does anyone out there have an answer to why chicken comes out rubbery. Is it undercooked? Again I cook till 165 to 170. Help

What parts of the chicken were you cooking? Whole? Boneless breast? Thighs? and what temp did you cook at for how long?

What parts of the chicken were you cooking? Whole? Boneless breast? Thighs? and what temp did you cook at for how long?
Cooking chicken breast. Butterflied. Not sure of the time but they were all between 165 to 170° internal temperature.

I usually cook my chicken between 275 and 325 depending on the cut and how long I want it to cook. Would not think anything more than 30 minutes or so if the breast were butterflied out kinda thin.

I usually cook my chicken between 275 and 325 depending on the cut and how long I want it to cook. Would not think anything more than 30 minutes or so if the breast were butterflied out kinda thin.
The grill temperature was at 325 But the internal chicken temperature was 165 to 170°.

I cook some chicken on my RT 700 until it reached the temperature of 165 to 170. Some of the thicker pieces were rubbery. Does anyone out there have an answer to why chicken comes out rubbery. Is it undercooked? Again I cook till 165 to 170. Help
Just the way I like them!
shopping.png

Just the way I like them!
View attachment 18839
I think I answered my own question. I started cooking range, free chicken breasts. I cook them the same way as I did the rubber chicken breasts. I cooked them three times already and they come out wonderful. Goes to show you don’t buy cheap chicken.

I think I answered my own question. I started cooking range, free chicken breasts. I cook them the same way as I did the rubber chicken breasts. I cooked them three times already and they come out wonderful. Goes to show you don’t buy cheap chicken.
1680077838008.png

Last edited:
Most chicken in stores is injected garbage and chickens fed garbage, go with free range if can find it......Butcher Box chicken is my go to and best I have ever had. I don't go above 162F for chicken, comes out perfect every single time. I cook/smoke between 250/275, never lower than that for poultry is how I do it at least. :)

I know what you are talking about when you say rubbery.
The higher temp will fix that for you.

Most often I cook spatchcock chicken @375 degrees. 1-1/2 hours until 175 degrees.
Olive oil and adobe goyo our standby.
Always crispy

Thanks. i have been cooking organic and also cooking to 175 to 180 degrees. coke out wonderful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back