Rub for turkey?

benhar

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Thinking to try Ray’s turkey recipe for Thanksgiving this year, the one where you make the injection with Casanova rub.

But he uses Dirty Gurl rub on the outside, which I don’t see anymore. Any recommendations for that? Casanova? Maybe Freakin Greek? I’ve never used either before so don’t really have a feel for their taste.

Thanks!

Thinking to try Ray’s turkey recipe for Thanksgiving this year, the one where you make the injection with Casanova rub.

But he uses Dirty Gurl rub on the outside, which I don’t see anymore. Any recommendations for that? Casanova? Maybe Freakin Greek? I’ve never used either before so don’t really have a feel for their taste.

Thanks!
I have done equal amounts of Dizzy Pig's Mad Max and Wonder Bird (YardBird can be substituted here) and my family wouldn't let me think about trying anything else.

Doesn't anyone mix their own rubs using bulk spice instead of purchasing pre-made rubs (a.k.a. expensive seasoned salt)? There are plenty of rub recipes available. I have a few pre-made rubs, but find them all very salty, just so happens that salt is the cheapest ingredient.

Here's an example

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Actually had a change of plans, it was a Butterball which I didn’t realize is pre-injected. So I ended up not injecting, and made my own rub with the usual Thanksgiving herb suspects. Turned out great and wife said for me to make it that way from now on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back