Bull RT700 Height fix for the tall guys ! (?)

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Ok, before anyone says anything, this is just some crap I had laying around the garage and I was bored. In no way do I think this is some beautiful, technological problem solving, life changing build...haha
1)Plastic pallet.
4)3" swivel castor wheels.(washers/nuts)
4) ratchet straps tie-downs.
2)ratchet straps.
I gained 9 3/4" in height.
It's a 43" grate height as well as a 43" square area.
You'll gain 6" in depth each side, if you go by the hopper and horns.
I'm 6'4" and as far as I'm concerned it's the right height now.
Rolls just as easy as the factory wheels.
I know it's ugly !!...I have a piece of Diamond plate aluminum sitting around also, and I'm thinking of placing that on top of the pallet and painting the edges gloss black.
This will work for tall people that don't need to roll the grills cross country(Garages,decks,
driveway)
....you may begin your ridiculing..... now ! ...lol

IMG_20200411_124216.jpg

Last edited:
Who care about ugly or anyone else?! I say do it your way, period!

Very ingenious! If I trusted myself I'd try to replicate what you've done but I know my limitations... late at night after some adult beverages I'd trip like heck over that base :rolleyes:

Nice one MacGyver! I am taller than you but with my arm length my Stampede is about right with the comp cart attachment. I also would be afraid of calamity do to adult beverages so I will abstain as well from any modifications. :geek:

Very creative. I have the competition cart, the RT700, and use the cone like blocks that go to a bed frame when I want to raise it. They are sturdy, have an inverted top to keep to the wheels from moving, they are relatively small so there is no trip hazard, and they don't roll which is great once set up but not as portable as the OP’s design. (Disclaimer: I don’t endorse nor think they were designed for this application, so proceed at your own risk.)

IMG_3495.jpeg

IMG_3498.jpeg

IMG_3496.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually took it back off now for winter (more room in garage)..and have a plan in my head for bigger wheels...
I missed this back in the spring, so speaking of wheels... is that a shovel head with the flames? And I’m guessing a mid-90’s Dyna Low Rider on the left?

I missed this back in the spring, so speaking of wheels... is that a shovel head with the flames? And I’m guessing a mid-90’s Dyna Low Rider on the left?
Actually, the flamed bike is a 75' Ironhead Sportster (1000cc)
And the other is a 99' 1200 Sportster. Both of those are my Wife's. She's spoiled.
And, if you look closely, there's an 03' Electraglide behind the RecTec...lol

Actually, the flamed bike is a 75' Ironhead Sportster (1000cc)
And the other is a 99' 1200 Sportster. Both of those are my Wife's. She's spoiled.
And, if you look closely, there's an 03' Electraglide behind the RecTec...lol
I missed your ‘03 Electraglide! I have a 100th Anniversary ‘03 Electragide Classic myself, one of the first ones sold in July 2002. I also bought a “92 Dyna Glide new, which is why I thought (incorrectly) that was is the Sportster. Sold the Dyna long ago, but I do also have a “72 FLH Electra Glide, show bike, only 5,300 miles, I’ve owned it for 17 years now. Both acquired when I used to live in Columbus, OH.

Attachments

• 72027475-CA88-4971-8F79-282E07C5AC38.jpeg
    72027475-CA88-4971-8F79-282E07C5AC38.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 52D4E3AA-8EAC-4CCC-B066-1C9F9E7CBB6D.jpeg
    52D4E3AA-8EAC-4CCC-B066-1C9F9E7CBB6D.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 62

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back