Stampede rt590 shipment.......

Bluebiller

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Well the 18 wheeler gets to my drive at the bottom of the hill. Like You, Guy's, I'm excited! The driver pulls out a 340 with a name I, didn't know but, had my mailing address on it. That's not my smoker, The driver goes back into the front of his trailer and pulls the rt 590,with the correct name and address.....I'm good to go! Right, I get it up the hill and into the garage,but then decide to wait for the competition cart to arrive, thinking I, would put that together first....Two days later the ups truck is at the top of the hill and the driver can't find my package and tells me it must have been put on another truck. The next day ups, leaves a 75 lb. box on my deck. I drag it to the garage, wondering why the box is 75 pounds. I, unpack the box and find a large part for a 2005 large ram truck, powered coated and all...( at this point I didn't know what it was) I get the rest of the cart out of the box and set up the four sides on the floor and then spend a hour trying to figure out where this extra part goes. I then go through the shipment and find out that there are no screws to put it together with and no bolts for wheels. So I, call rec-tec , the Guy, tells me to take some pictures, and send to him, and they will look into it. I, was that impressed that they answered the phone. You, Guys, how this usually goes. I ASKED the Guy at Rt what size screws I needed, as I, was going to run to the local hardware store, and he tells me to get 20 or so and the size is (m4x0.70 This is a very small bolt, so I get the washers, lock nuts, bolts and nuts, as You, know, none of this will work, I NEEDED SCREWS, I found that out when I tried to put the cart together At this point I, didn't know about the missing bolts for the wheels, just figured the were wrapped up in the wheel packages. this was last Saturday, I called rt. and they said they would overnight the needed parts to me. Ok, things like that can happen, I then start to through the smoker box and pull out several parts from the inside of the smoker, and discover That I have a stainless steel shelf for the 700 smoker. This must have been in the box that the hitch parts and the cart was in. Now I have boxes, foam wrap and smoker parts all over the garage floor. I, then tried to call Rec Tec, but it was 5 min. after 3pm. I, will be on the phone Monday morning............Bluebiller

Man that sounds like a cluster. They’ll get it straightened out but after you’ve waited to get the grill you don’t want to have to wait for the correct parts.

I feel better, now that I told my story, after reading a lot of good post about rec-tec smokers. I'm sure they will make it right.

What? Who's on First? I'm sure RecTeq will get it sorted out.. whatever needs to.

Sorry to hear that, I did have a small issue with the freight company temporarily losing my grill, but RT was on it and honestly gave me great service.

I am sure this is frustrating, but dont give up on the RecTeq, It is the best grill I have ever had!

UPDATE;; I, didn't have to call! They called me at 10:05 this morning. The missing parts are on the way---via--air mail! They will give me a return label for the shelf and get the right size out to me. At this point the service has been great......Bluebiller
Impressive!

I’ll echo what other smokers have said; despite the cluster, the customer service is noteworthy, and once the dust has settled, it’s game on!

It's been a process, I'm happy with the grill, got it together, I, do have a few issues with the shipping dept. What is agreed upon in the sales dept. and what is shipped can be different. They did however, get the right stuff to me, after several phone calls. Going to do the burn in today. I think I'm going to put every thing in the grill, for the burn in, grates, drip pan, sear grates. Hope that is right. Thanks for all your interest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back