RT590 Display

keithshedron

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I just sent the following email to Recteq. Has anyone else experienced this?
---
Greetings: I received my RC 590 grill a few days ago. Today, I was going to smoke some beef ribs. I started the grill from my phone and all seemed normal. When I went outside to put the ribs onto the grill, I noticed that the grill display was illuminated with a white screen but no numbers visible. The grill was working correctly, as indicated by my phone but the unit display is simply a blank white screen.
Shutting the grill down and restarting gave the same result. The screen illuminated but no numbers came up. Same result when I attempted to enter test mode.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you,

I just sent the following email to Recteq. Has anyone else experienced this?
---
Greetings: I received my RC 590 grill a few days ago. Today, I was going to smoke some beef ribs. I started the grill from my phone and all seemed normal. When I went outside to put the ribs onto the grill, I noticed that the grill display was illuminated with a white screen but no numbers visible. The grill was working correctly, as indicated by my phone but the unit display is simply a blank white screen.
Shutting the grill down and restarting gave the same result. The screen illuminated but no numbers came up. Same result when I attempted to enter test mode.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Never had this issue but I'm thinking a new controller will be shipped from recteq.

signal-2021-03-30-202254-jpeg.9244

Attachments

• signal-2021-03-30-202254.jpeg
    signal-2021-03-30-202254.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 311
hard to tell in the pic, but the screen is illuminated white. no digits. smoker seems to be working fine just no display info

I had a similar issue right out of the box as well. Mine had digits with missing segments (for example an 8 looked like a 3). Called RecTec, they asked me to gain access to the control board and reseat all the wiring connectors onto the board. When I removed one of the wires, the entire spade on the board came off due to a faulty solder job. Of course, the problem remained and a new controller was shipped to me. I have not had an issue since.

I had a similar issue right out of the box as well. Mine had digits with missing segments (for example an 8 looked like a 3). Called RecTec, they asked me to gain access to the control board and reseat all the wiring connectors onto the board. When I removed one of the wires, the entire spade on the board came off due to a faulty solder job. Of course, the problem remained and a new controller was shipped to me. I have not had an issue since.
Thanks for the response. Mine now is getting a brown "stain" that is spreading slowly across the face of the display. I have a brisket in now to finish and the grill is still operating correctly, so letting it go. In the pic, the brown "stain" is showing up as blueish but it is brown. Not something on the outside of the display. No response from Recteq to my email. I will call in the morning.
signal-2021-03-31-032736.jpeg

Well, I was going to call Recteq about the controller problem today, but when I got up just now, and checked my email, I had an invoice in my inbox, for a controller, with no charge due. Wow. That is stunning service. I would have preferred to not have had a problem, but they did deal with it immediately. Very impressed.

A phone call should definitely get the results you need. Post a pic of that brisket later! 😉
You know how sometimes things work, and sometimes they don't? Well, the brisket was one of those "don't work" times. Mediocre, so no pics. But I am one step closer to perfecting my technique! However, the beef ribs did turn out well, so......
ribs.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back