Trailblazer Rt340 Temperature swings

Rob3TN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I had an issue with my RT340 with temperature swings of 30+ degrees with a 12 hour cook at 225 degrees. I called customer service and suggested I change the auger speed to 20. Also he asked if I was cooking in direct sunlight. The answer was yes and it was about 82 degrees outside temperature. He suggested moving the grill to a shady location out of direct sun. I did and it took care of the problem. The grill is now spot on. Thank you Recteq!!

That's how my 340 was when I first got it. The auger speed was 30, I change the auger speed to 20 and it's been solid ever since. haven't used it much since last Thanks Giving. Started grilling more as of late. Checked the pellets for dryness, Cranked her up with the app, and off we went. Rock Solid and steady temps. The only thing I have going on is with the app. I open the app, go to controls, pick the 340 and all looks good to start. But if I want an update on cooking temp and probe temp I have to hit the back button and chose the 340 again. Nothing I can't work with.

That's how my 340 was when I first got it. The auger speed was 30, I change the auger speed to 20 and it's been solid ever since. haven't used it much since last Thanks Giving. Started grilling more as of late. Checked the pellets for dryness, Cranked her up with the app, and off we went. Rock Solid and steady temps. The only thing I have going on is with the app. I open the app, go to controls, pick the 340 and all looks good to start. But if I want an update on cooking temp and probe temp I have to hit the back button and chose the 340 again. Nothing I can't work with.
JJP
I don’t seem to have a problem with the app. I open it and select the 340 as I have a 700 too and it works fine checking temperatures, etc. Maybe reinstall the app?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back