RT 700 with new WiFi controller fan coming on and off, no smoke

RobbyZ

Hey guys, I have a new WiFi controller that I installed. When I tested it after I installed it worked ok for the 5-10 minutes I ran it. Months later I am putting on a brisket and the fan keeps coming on and shutting off every 4 seconds or so. It also is not smoking. When I started it, I ran it up to 450 and was smoking good. I did this to clean it but I had a hard time getting it back down to 225 so I shut it off and let it cool. I turned it back on and it ran up to 265 when I had it set at 225 and held there for a while. I adjusted the min feed rate to 3.5 and was able to get the temp to come down. No smoke though. Additionally this is my first time using pellets from Home Depot. Could it be the new WiFi controller I installed incorrectly or the non rec tech pellets? Some settings I need to adjust on the new controller?

Pellets can make a difference how much temp wise I don't have numbers. But the difference in 100% wood vs additive ones is noticeable.
As far as the controller, I'd just call their top-notch customer service so correct advise is given...I realise you're probably wanting to use it today, and I say Go For It !...just watch the temp best you can. Goodluck.

Had same problem with my RT590 last week. Adjust down the minimum auger feed rate until pit temp matches set temp. I had to turn mine way down when I changed to Lumberjack pellets. They must have higher BTU rating. Also, if your cooker is in direct sunlight and ambient air temp is 90 or more, try shading the cooker from direct sunlight.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back