Bull RT-700 Shipping Damage

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My RT-700 arrived a couple of days ago with several gouges in the box, but initially it did not appear that there was any damage to the gtill. After assembly noticed a couple of damaged areas. The glass covering the interior light is broken, and the shroud below the pellet hopper is bent at the bottom.

Although I do not believe the LCD display was damaged, my wife noticed that the top of the display is recessed more than the bottom so that it angles upwardly. I am guessing it was designed that way for better viewing, but I want to make sure it is not damaged as well. Would someone confirm tha the display as I have described it is normal?

Regarding the broken light glass cover, will I damage the the light if I fire up the grill before installing a replacement? I am anxious to get started.

My RT-700 arrived a couple of days ago with several gouges in the box, but initially it did not appear that there was any damage to the gtill. After assembly noticed a couple of damaged areas. The glass covering the interior light is broken, and the shroud below the pellet hopper is bent at the bottom.

Although I do not believe the LCD display was damaged, my wife noticed that the top of the display is recessed more than the bottom so that it angles upwardly. I am guessing it was designed that way for better viewing, but I want to make sure it is not damaged as well. Would someone confirm tha the display as I have described it is normal?

Regarding the broken light glass cover, will I damage the the light if I fire up the grill before installing a replacement? I am anxious to get started.
Sorry to hear about the damage. The LCD display controller on the Bull is designed and recessed in to provide a better viewing angle and it totally normal, For the other issues give Rec Tec a call or email and they will make good on it.
20200620_181153.jpg

Last edited:
I am still waiting on my grill, but in order process I called with a question. Realized me being in Az they were closed so hung up and didint leave a message. But first thing in morning I got a call asking what I needed haha was pretty cool! So im sure if you Call they will help with anything you need. Just that one thing backup why I ordered a Rectec cause what I have heard about their customer service. Cant wait for mine! Two more days!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back