Wanted to Buy rt-590 cover

vwtdi1955

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Well, I pulled the trigger this morning on the stampede. I’ve been looking at these grills for 3 months now and was trying to wait until Black Friday to purchase one, but when I saw the competition cart offered at half price I couldn’t resist. Now that I spent all my saved money, I realize I now have to purchase pellets and a cover. Any help? I’ll have the new legs and wheels for trade when it comes.

I just ordered this cover from Amazon that is schedule to be delivered today. It's not Recteq branded (obviously) but I read good things about it so I figured for $22 (there was a $3 coupon last night when I ordered it) it was worth taking a flyer on. Especially with free returns if I don't like the fit & finish. Just thought I would offer it in case you hadn't seen it as an option. If no interest, free bump. Best of luck!

I just ordered this cover from Amazon that is schedule to be delivered today. It's not Recteq branded (obviously) but I read good things about it so I figured for $22 (there was a $3 coupon last night when I ordered it) it was worth taking a flyer on. Especially with free returns if I don't like the fit & finish. Just thought I would offer it in case you hadn't seen it as an option. If no interest, free bump. Best of luck!
I have been using the Kingkong brand for my Traeger and happy so far. Keep us posted on fitment, etc.

It arrived earlier and I threw it on and it seems to fit alright. I say alright because I'm coming from a GMG DB that had the GMG cover which is literally made to fit that smoker. It fit like a glove. This one doesn't which is probably more obvious to anyone coming from a universal cover previously.

Being as this is a universal cover, I shouldn't expect it to fit like a customer factory cover since the price tag reflects this as well. It's a little too "billowy" around the base if I had to put a label on it. If I could cinch it up a little more via the velcro straps I'd be happy but they're basically connected as far as they can go already and they'd have to be mounted to a different spot on the cover to allow for tighter fit. This may or may not be an issue with the high winds we get here at the base of the Rocky Mountains as the gusts can get pretty crazy.

That said, it probably fits quite well for a universal cover and I'm most definitely overthinking it. I think that it's 95% of what I want which is an A+ in my book, especially when you factor in the price and free next-day delivery. I'd say this is a good purchase for the RT-590 overall.

just Looking for something to keep the dust off and its cheap protection.

just Looking for something to keep the dust off and its cheap protection.
Like I said when I summarized, I'm sure this will meet those needs just fine. I may have made it sound like a negative review but it really wasn't. I just tend to be hypercritical and overanalyze most things. If my initial reaction is that I'll probably keep it then that's usually a good sign.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back