Bullseye RT-380 vs. Rt-340

DaleP906

Buying a Recteq soon. Can't decide between the RT-380 or the RT-340. Do a lot of fast cooks on my Weber gas grill and a few smokes on my very old Green Mountain Davy Crocket that I want to get rid of. Please help me decide.

Buying a Recteq soon. Can't decide between the RT-380 or the RT-340. Do a lot of fast cooks on my Weber gas grill and a few smokes on my very old Green Mountain Davy Crocket that I want to get rid of. Please help me decide.
Fast cooks the RT-B380 will work just fine.

I have both, sitting side-by-side on my deck (actually the RT-340 is my wife’s, but she lets me use it). The Bullseye is a hot grill that can also do low-and-slow cooks (especially with the help of a drip pan) while the RT-340 is a low-and slow-smoker that can also do hot and fast (with the help of Grill Grates). If you are limited to only one, pick the recteq that best fits what type of cooking you do the most.

Get the 380 then get the 700 when you can and you are set. Best of all worlds.

I'm sure this doesn't help you but I don't have a 380 or 340 so I'm basing it off of what I have seen and my experience with the 700. If I have an option at some point I would add the 380 to my tools but the 700 gets hot (I had it to 540 and it was still climbing) and smokes low as well. I assume the 340 is similar but the space is nice.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Neither will be wrong just what works for you.

If I could only have 1 it would be the Trailblazer.
I have both.

The build quality is 10x better
WiFi connection
2 meat probes built in
Most importantly is the temperature control is superior
- it heats up in less than 10 minutes and holds temp tight unless you open the lid. The bullseye takes forever to heat up.
- Trailblazer seems to be able to run any brand pellets, Bullseye for me us running better on RT brand pellets
- Trailblazer runs on temp all the time. Bullseye runs hotter than the probe reads even with a plus 20 offset. Plus the temp varies constantly on the bullseye.
I honestly think RT bought a bunch of surplus Traeger controllers for the bullseye

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back