Rt-1250 Must Have Accessories

SideChicksBBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I just ordered my first rec teq being the big rt1250. Never had a pellet grill before so this question is for those who have had a rec teq, what accessories do you recommend as must haves? Please post links or pics. No judgement, open to all accessories. What I may need others may not.

-thanks!

Welcome and congrats on the new grill! My first pellet grill was the 1250 as well. The only accessory that I have is the grill grates. I was skeptical at first but they are actually pretty awesome for doing burgers, shrimp and other stuff as well as searing steaks and chops. Doesnt take the place of my Blackstone but comes in handy when I don't feel like dragging them both out of the garage.

None of the other accessories were really must have to me. The 1250 already comes pretty tricked out with the must have accessories like the second rack and front shelf. Granted the grill grates aren't a must either but they are nice to have. Long metal tongs come in really handy if you don't already have some. I have these and really like them.

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on the new grill! My first pellet grill was the 1250 as well. The only accessory that I have is the grill grates. I was skeptical at first but they are actually pretty awesome for doing burgers, shrimp and other stuff as well as searing steaks and chops. Doesnt take the place of my Blackstone but comes in handy when I don't feel like dragging them both out of the garage.

None of the other accessories were really must have to me. The 1250 already comes pretty tricked out with the must have accessories like the second rack and front shelf. Granted the grill grates aren't a must either but they are nice to have. Long metal tongs come in really handy if you don't already have some. I have these and really like them.
I can’t get to your like. Would you mind posting it again or the name so I can search? Thanks for commenting.

The grill grates are nice to have as mentioned above.. I use them on my gasser though so it is ready to go when a low cook is done on my 700. The 1250 heats up quicker so maybe not as much of an issue there.

I would say a Thermapen if you don't have one already or a similar instant read thermometer. Still can grab the MK4 at a good price.

A wifi 4 probe unit to monitor more and for when the RecTeq notifications don't work. Many options but the inkbird can be had cheap when a discount is offered. Right now 40% off coupon.

There are so many things that you may find as you go along. Things like pellet storage, cleaners, rubs, etc.. it is kind of endless :). I'm sure more will chime in.

Things I've bought after a little bit of time with the 1250:

Grill Grates (handier than I thought they would be)
Thermapen One instant read probe
Thermaworks Signals WiFi 4 probe thermometer (eliminates ALL reported issues with the RT app)
Lavalock tape for the lid seal
Buckethead vacuum for sucking pellets out of the hopper into a 5 gallon bucket when changing pellets

I may be inspired to build an outdoor kitchen, but I'm thinking that's another thread.

Following. Congrats to you! I’m also new here and I have a Flagship 1100 inbound.

Circling back over two years now. I still occasionally use the GrillGrates, but have since added a Blackstone and a PK Grill to the mix so I have other options. I ended up buying two Bucketheads, one for clean pellets and one for sucking up cold ashes.

I just ordered my first rec teq being the big rt1250. Never had a pellet grill before so this question is for those who have had a rec teq, what accessories do you recommend as must haves? Please post links or pics. No judgement, open to all accessories. What I may need others may not.

-thanks!
A mat for underneath and grill cover and a decent set of grill utensils

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back