RT 1250 door

Joe2487

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just got the 1250. Not a super big deal but does anyone notice one handle seems to lift the door smoother than the other as in one handle the whole lid lifts at the same time and the other handle that side lifts up the corner of the door and the rest kind of lags behind a little bit.

I guess I've never tried the other handle. I'll have to check that out the next time I use it. But my right handle will lift the right side before the left side opens.

Honestly never noticed with the Bull.. can't say it ever stood out if it did. I probably do it the same every time maybe.

I just received my RT-1250 on Monday and assembled it
I just checked and there’s no noticeable difference in which handle I use

i really pay attention to details also. the left side of my lid will lift about 1/4in off the barrel before the right side moves when i grab the left horn. right side seems to lift both sides close to even maybe 1/16 of movement before both sides raise. maybe can adjust the hinges and fix it. but putting a seal on the lid makes it alot less noticeable

i really pay attention to details also. the left side of my lid will lift about 1/4in off the barrel before the right side moves when i grab the left horn. right side seems to lift both sides close to even maybe 1/16 of movement before both sides raise. maybe can adjust the hinges and fix it. but putting a seal on the lid makes it alot less noticeable
Thanks. I have used it the last few days works fine it’s just something I noticed. I also have a Lang stick burner so that is 1/4 in steel so there is not too much flex going on. I’m cool with it. Seems to keep super consistent temps.

Just got the 1250. Not a super big deal but does anyone notice one handle seems to lift the door smoother than the other as in one handle the whole lid lifts at the same time and the other handle that side lifts up the corner of the door and the rest kind of lags behind a little bit.
I just picked up an RT700 and I have the same issue. I'm not too concerned for the short term but over the long term I imagine the door will bend - not good. Were you able to get resolution and if so how?!?

Attachments

• Right Horn.jpg
    Right Horn.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Left Horn.jpg
    Left Horn.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 66

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back