Riot Mode Heat Deflector Cleaning

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Anyone using riot mode as the heat deflector cleaning method? It seems to burn up anything on there and turn it to ash. I hit it with the temperature gun last night at well over 850 degrees. Curious if anyone actually takes it out and cleans it somehow or if riot mode is the go-to.

IMG_4001.jpg

Anyone using riot mode as the heat deflector cleaning method? It seems to burn up anything on there and turn it to ash. I hit it with the temperature gun last night at well over 850 degrees. Curious if anyone actually takes it out and cleans it somehow or if riot mode is the go-to.

View attachment 6123
I used riot mode to clean my grate, heat deflector plate, and anything else that got in the way. LOL I plan on vacuuming the plate and hot box after every cook.

Riot mode here as well, it works very well to clean up any residue. After that, I turn the temp down to 250* and let it run for about five minutes before shutting it off. Some users have reported that going straight from riot mode to off can lead to pellets burning in the auger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back