Right way to do pizza

Kedscar

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So, have not done a pizza yet on my new 590. I have Grill Grates... should I use them or a pizza stone, or right on the grill?

The right way is the way that works for you. For me, I've been using a stone with great results.
IMG_3421.JPG
Pizza.jpg

Yep I have a Stone also. It's real easy you don't need absurdly high temps either.
That's not to say you "can't" use the grates or the rack*

We use a stone. Always comes out great.

I have used the GrillGrates for pizza for a while. I have cooked on both sides and I think the grill side does a little better. I overcooked a little on the flat side. Honestly they were awesome and the wife only wants my pizza now!!

I really wanted a pizza stone, but had to cool my jets on gadgets and accessories!

Now I am getting a Blackstone, so I am curious about pizza on that!

Cooking Pizza this weekend with our Granddaughter, she loved the last one and loves helping Pops and Mimi. Will post cook!

We're a bit on the lazy side, so we like the Papa Murphy's
Momma likes their Gluten Free; Papa's Favorites, and we use our RT Cooking Mat
We slide the Pie off of the PM "Tray" onto the Mat to bake
Then back onto the Tray to cut and serve
She feels it reminds Her of a "Brickhouse Pizza"
PM Papa's Fav.jpeg

PM Cowboy.jpeg

PM Pizza on the Bull.jpeg

Poppa's Favorites.jpeg

Last edited:
I put the stones on when I start the grill so they are nice and hot when the pizza goes on. It helps crisp the dough.

Do you let your pizza stone warm up with the grill, or do you just put it in cold with the pizza on it?
I cold stone won't cook the bottom of the pizza and may even crack the stone due to the sudden temp change. Always put in when 1st starting the grill and let it heat up for at least 30-45min. I find when using cooking mats actually cooks the bottom quicker than the top so I've been using a stone for more consistent cooking. Many people use a pizza steel over a stone, I don't own a steel.
But as I said, the right way, is the way that works for you...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back