Ribs- Without temp control

Gotbbq

Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I cooked 3 racks of ribs today. Each a with a different rub. One sweet and tart type rub (honey powder and tang) one spicy rub, paprika, cayenne, chile powder and one just salt and pepper. Ran for about 5 hrs, a little less. Had trouble keeping temp. Too hot. Set at 225 temp ramped up to 260. All in all turned out good. Served with homemade slaw, sweet and tart.

Attachments

• 4F67EA6E-D142-4028-A937-C39746CB4D89.jpeg
    4F67EA6E-D142-4028-A937-C39746CB4D89.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 60EA6C09-6AB8-4029-BF36-E3F1C39C6C0E.jpeg
    60EA6C09-6AB8-4029-BF36-E3F1C39C6C0E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
  • DC39BD91-F293-4C25-A9D5-554778287BA2.jpeg
    DC39BD91-F293-4C25-A9D5-554778287BA2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 94
  • A68DDB30-3E40-4D1A-8294-A436B920C738.jpeg
    A68DDB30-3E40-4D1A-8294-A436B920C738.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
I cooked 3 racks of ribs today. Each a with a different rub. One sweet and tart type rub (honey powder and tang) one spicy rub, paprika, cayenne, chile powder and one just salt and pepper. Ran for about 5 hrs, a little less. Had trouble keeping temp. Too hot. Set at 225 temp ramped up to 260. All in all turned out good. Served with homemade slaw, sweet and tart.

The ribs look great but turn the feed rate down to 3.5 if it's 80 degrees out to control the temps either on the app or in the grill settings menu and see what that does to control the temps. I leave my feed rate set at the 3.5 all year long.

The ribs look great but turn the feed rate down to 3.5 if it's 80 degrees out to control the temps either on the app or in the grill settings menu and see what that does to control the temps. I leave my feed rate set at the 3.5 all year long.
It just slows down how often pellets are fed into the pit? ??

Ribs look good. Which do u like the best?
Dan
The honey one was good. Sweet but just slightly. I didn’t wrap but did spray with beef extract and dissolved rub. Sprayed every hour or so. I like ribs with some chew. Not a fan of fall off the bone. I know many like that. To each his own ?? That’s what makes bbq great. Anyone been to Killen’s in Houston? ??

Thanks, it was a little unusual not being able to control, temp but all turned out well, thanks. What's up for your next cook? ??
Hoping Beef Plate Ribs (3 bone). They are supposed to come in tomorrow to Restaurant Depot. They sell out the same day. And you?

Hoping Beef Plate Ribs (3 bone). They are supposed to come in tomorrow to Restaurant Depot. They sell out the same day. And you?
Even though we left over ribs, I’m going to do cedar planked salmon with brussels sprouts and a horseradish sauce. I’ll give the ribs to my son and family. Interested inserting what happens with the feed rate set to 3. ??

Where did you get the cedar planks? I love salmon this way. Ordered the RT-700 today!

Where did you get the cedar planks? I love salmon this way. Ordered the RT-700 today!
Any place that sells grills usually sells them near the charcoal. Weber and others make them. Adds good flavor. Nice presentation. ??

Even though we left over ribs, I’m going to do cedar planked salmon with brussels sprouts and a horseradish sauce. I’ll give the ribs to my son and family. Interested inserting what happens with the feed rate set to 3. ??
I keep my feed rate at 3 all the time. And other than extremely hot days, it holds the temperature perfectly.

I keep my feed rate at 3 all the time. And other than extremely hot days, it holds the temperature perfectly.
I got red snapper for dinner. Not sure I like red snapper but it was fresh. I’m set at 3 and ready to cook at 6 pm. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back