Rib Spatula Ideas?

As mentioned, I would go with the latex over cotton gloves. If your ribs are falling apart when you lift them with tongs, they might be already done.

I usually use two tongs or the larger Weber spatula. The large Weber spatula works great on pork butts.

I have a couple of extra long spatulas, one had an 8” flip surface the other is a 10” . Both are close to 16” long, I think I picked them up at the restaurant supply store

I also use the nitrile & cotton liner gloves. Makes life much simpler when handling large, hot cuts of meat. The nitrile gloves are also handy to use for the prep work and placing meat on the grill.

I've got large Weber spatula and tongs. I can slide the tongs long ways over/under the majority of the bones and then use the spatula on the rest. Works perfectly.

I use a pig tail tool.
pigtail.jpg

Mine says Traeger unfortunately. My neighbor bought it for me as a bday gift. I go to church every Sunday to pay for my sin......

jUST GO TO THE RESTRAUNT SUPPLY LOCAL OR WEBRESTRAUNT AND BUY A BIN ONE AND THEY ARE COMMERCIAL SO STIFFER..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back