Bull Replacing Bull medallion with a thermometer?

kenglishpc

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone defacing their door with something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/River-Countr...child=1&qid=1589404498&sr=8-5&srs=20068834011

51ROXuQDlQL._AC_.jpg

Yessir. I have several Maverick ET-73's from previous pits that are pretty spot on. Probably will use them on this one as well as the built in probes. At least until I'm comfortable with the nuances of this grill.

Two problems with it. One you don't cook on the lid. Two those things can be off by as much as 50 degrees. Digital is way to go.

I agree with all of you. I just wondered if anyone might have actually done it. It would give a second data point for the temps.

That’s some tall periscope! ?? .
:cool: Yeah, our patio had a dead spot of air movement, especially late at night when I'd do overnighters. The smoke would lay in there like a fog blanket. The "periscope" got the smoke up into the air flow and away from the house.

I agree with all of you. I just wondered if anyone might have actually done it. It would give a second data point for the temps.

I'd do the double thermometer like I did with my old offset. I think you'll see some variation from side to side. BTW, I found my "steam gauge" thermometers to be pretty accurate compared to a couple different ThermoWorks digital thermometers.

:cool: Yeah, our patio had a dead spot of air movement, especially late at night when I'd do overnighters. The smoke would lay in there like a fog blanket. The "periscope" got the smoke up into the air flow and away from the house.

I have the exact same thing that I use on mine, it helps keep the smoke away from the house and keeps it out of my face when I go out to the smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back