Recteq Father's Day deals....

I noticed the RT-700 isn't included in the sale. Does anyone think they are phasing it out and going with the RT-1250 as the replacement?

I noticed the RT-700 isn't included in the sale. Does anyone think they are phasing it out and going with the RT-1250 as the replacement?
My guess is it’s redundant. When the 1250 first came out it was the upgrade with the faster auger, cast iron deflector, etc. Now, not so much. The 700 has been upgraded to the point that I don’t know why someone would buy a 1250, over the 700, if a sale on one wasn’t involved. They are basically the same grill now, no reason to offer both, IMO.

Just took delivery of a 700 last night and noticed it had the cast iron deflector. Do the current 700's have the upgraded auger? I'll check tonight, but don't know if the auger motor is marked?

I sorta wondered about that, being as how they are so close together in price with the sale......

Yes, the 700s now have the upgraded deflector, auger, and connect with 5G. I think it has been like that since early 2022.
I purchased my 700 in February 2022, it has all the "old" stuff.

But, that'd be just my luck. They'd start shipping the new stuff a week later.......:rolleyes:

I feel your pain Threadcutter, that's how I usually roll. My luck turned the right way this roll, which is a new thing for me. I'm just trying to decide now if I should build my own shelf or buy the RT shelf.

I feel your pain Threadcutter, that's how I usually roll. My luck turned the right way this roll, which is a new thing for me. I'm just trying to decide now if I should build my own shelf or buy the RT shelf.
I ordered mine in May 2022 and had all the upgrades. I also purchased the shelf, but I really like some of the custom ones shared in this forum.

What's worse, RT won't sell the cast heat deflector.
Yeah, that's a bit of a kick in the jumblies to their loyal customers..........

So, they solve a (perceived or real ?) problem by coming out with a cast iron heat deflector. But, not only won't they send me one gratis, they won't allow me to even purchase one and personally foot the bill for an upgrade that should be on them ?

Doesn't exactly encourage me to want to purchase their products in the future. That doesn't even remotely resemble/look like customer support.

Someone that's making these decisions in their sales/marketing department needs to be sent on a long vacation. You know, to reflect on the error of their ways.....Not holding my breath.

Edit; Well, and here's the thing. Nothing lasts forever. I'll need to buy a new grille at some point in the future. Someone would be nuts to think I'd go with a company that doesn't work diligently to solve known problems with their products.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good way to run a successful company right into the ground. If you don't value your customers. they'll vote with their feet. Pretty bad call on their side.

Yeah, that's a bit of a kick in the jumblies to their loyal customers..........

So, they solve a (perceived or real ?) problem by coming out with a cast iron heat deflector. But, not only won't they send me one gratis, they won't allow me to even purchase one and personally foot the bill for an upgrade that should be on them ?

Doesn't exactly encourage me to want to purchase their products in the future. That doesn't even remotely resemble/look like customer support.

Someone that's making these decisions in their sales/marketing department needs to be sent on a long vacation. You know, to reflect on the error of their ways.....Not holding my breath.

Edit; Well, and here's the thing. Nothing lasts forever. I'll need to buy a new grille at some point in the future. Someone would be nuts to think I'd go with a company that doesn't work diligently to solve known problems with their products.
Grilla Grills will sell upgraded parts to customers. Jungle direct!

I suspect that Recteq is still having supply chain issues and are hoarding the parts they have for warranty stuff. My basis for this is that the grill parts and accessories pages on their website used to have a pretty comprehensive list of items. In the last couple of years, they hardly have anything listed for sale.

Here is the weird part. I had an issue with my heat deflector for my RT700 last year, after they switched to cast iron on the 700, but I purchased mine about a year before the switch. They sent out a new heat defector to me for replacement, but it wasn't cast iron.

So they are making sure any heat deflector replacements aren't cast iron if the 700 didnt come with a cast iron. I was not trying to get a cast iron but they clearly aren't in any rush to replace with the new deflector for anyone having issues with the previous stainless

Here is the weird part. I had an issue with my heat deflector for my RT700 last year, after they switched to cast iron on the 700, but I purchased mine about a year before the switch. They sent out a new heat defector to me for replacement, but it wasn't cast iron.

So they are making sure any heat deflector replacements aren't cast iron if the 700 didnt come with a cast iron. I was not trying to get a cast iron but they clearly aren't in any rush to replace with the new deflector for anyone having issues with the previous stainless
Based on the numerous posts similar to your's, it seems apparent that RT is more interested in putting a customer in the position of having to buy a new grill. This, as opposed to them taking care of their customers that in many cases are having problems of RT's making.

I had one of my (threaded stem) swivel casters tear out of the bottom of the leg yesterday. I can't wait to see how much of a chore it's going to be to get that fixed. I may just buy a chunk of angle iron, bolt it across both legs and thread the casters into the angle iron. I really have no desire to reward RT with the purchase of a Comp Cart, just to fix THEIR problem.

Based on the numerous posts similar to your's, it seems apparent that RT is more interested in putting a customer in the position of having to buy a new grill. This, as opposed to them taking care of their customers that in many cases are having problems of RT's making.

I had one of my (threaded stem) swivel casters tear out of the bottom of the leg yesterday. I can't wait to see how much of a chore it's going to be to get that fixed. I may just buy a chunk of angle iron, bolt it across both legs and thread the casters into the angle iron. I really have no desire to reward RT with the purchase of a Comp Cart, just to fix THEIR problem.
I agree 100%! This is a great way to chase customers away. My next new grill will be a Grilla. A Yoder if I can find one used. Cadillac taste on a beer budget 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back