Recteq branded pellets

jfrosty27

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have been using recteq brand pellets since I bought my Bull. I had been very happy with them until this last fall. I noticed that there was a huge increase in the amount of ash being left behind. So much that it’s been blowing up into the cook chamber and on to the food after just two or at most three moderately long cooks. I found an article about recteq partnering with Kingsford on pellets I also see they are specifying Kingsford pellets in their recipes. I tried Kingsford pellets once about a year ago and had the same problem. I guess recteq pellets are now Kingsford pellets. Bummer.

I have been using recteq brand pellets since I bought my Bull. I had been very happy with them until this last fall. I noticed that there was a huge increase in the amount of ash being left behind. So much that it’s been blowing up into the cook chamber and on to the food after just two or at most three moderately long cooks. I found an article about recteq partnering with Kingsford on pellets I also see they are specifying Kingsford pellets in their recipes. I tried Kingsford pellets once about a year ago and had the same problem. I guess recteq pellets are now Kingsford pellets. Bummer.
I have also used these pellets with great results, but there a little pricy. It doesn't look like we can get these from recteq anymore?

I have also used these pellets with great results, but there a little pricy. It doesn't look like we can get these from recteq anymore?
You can still get the recteq brand on Amazon but it appears that they are now being made by Kingsford and too my experience, they just are not the same quality at all.

Give Cookin' Pellets a try. I understand that's what RecTeq's were anyway. I use them and love them...

Give Cookin' Pellets a try. I understand that's what RecTeq's were anyway. I use them and love them...
I suspect the recteq pellets are still made by CookinPellets. All of the sellers on Amazon are third parties, and recteq sells their pellets at a large discount when picked up. I’d guess that the Amazon sellers are doing that, and then re-selling them on Amazon.

I just opened a bag of recteq pellets that I bought directly from their warehouse in December, and the quality is great. I’ve always found a quality difference between pellets of the same brand shipped to me vs those purchased directly at the source or a store where they get in pallets of them at a time. Shipping a bag or two via UPS or FedEx seems to degrade the quality greatly.

I suspect the recteq pellets are still made by CookinPellets. All of the sellers on Amazon are third parties, and recteq sells their pellets at a large discount when picked up. I’d guess that the Amazon sellers are doing that, and then re-selling them on Amazon.

I just opened a bag of recteq pellets that I bought directly from their warehouse in December, and the quality is great. I’ve always found a quality difference between pellets of the same brand shipped to me vs those purchased directly at the source or a store where they get in pallets of them at a time. Shipping a bag or two via UPS or FedEx seems to degrade the quality greatly.
Makes perfect sense...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back