RecTec Wifi Controller Settings

sringgen

I have installed a RecTec Wifi Controller in a non-RecTec grill. I have a FireCraft Q-450 grill and the company went out of business...

Installation was easy and everything works great except for one minor thing. On Startup, this new controller is dumping too many pellets into the pot. I assume my firepot is smaller than a RecTec firepot. I would like to be able to adjust or reduce the length of time the auger runs on startup so that the firepot doesn't get so full.

Is there a setting to reduce this feed time on start-up? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forms. I have installed a RecTec Wifi Controller in a non-RecTec grill. I have a FireCraft Q-450 grill and the company went out of business...

Installation was easy and everything works great except for one minor thing. On Startup, this new controller is dumping too many pellets into the pot. I assume my firepot is smaller than a RecTec firepot. I would like to be able to adjust or reduce the length of time the auger runs on startup so that the firepot doesn't get so full.

Is there a setting to reduce this feed time on start-up? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks!
I've never seen or come across a adjustment for the amount of pellet delivered on a Rec Tec controller on start up, it's pretty much algorithm Rec Tec uses for their grills for initial start up pellet delivery.
Is the excess amount of pellets keeping the grill from lighting and starting up?

No, it lights and works but the controller seems to have more trouble keeping temp while warming up. It just takes longer to stabilize really. Once it stabilizes it runs just fine. I do seem to have to clean out the firepot more often as well.

Just imagine what it would be like to dump an extra cup of pellets into your firepot every time you start your grill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back