RecTec Keto Approved Recipes

BretM

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey everyone, I recently started the Keto diet...really have a lot to lose and down 30lbs already. Seems like tons of our recipes for smoking have excess sugar (especially sauces).

Anybody else here on a Keto or other low carb diet that would be willing to share some recipes they like on their RecTeq's?

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I've been on the Keto diet and have lost 25 lbs so far. About recipes - We recently did a crustless pizza that was amazing! Used a 13x9 glass pyrex dish and added thin layer of some white garlic sauce. layered with mozzarella, cooked chicken, bacon, some sauted onions and peppers. Sprinkled a some italian seasoning, basil and Parmesan. I think I cooked at 425 for 15-20 minutes until everything was melted.

I've also done some breakfast frittatas in a cast iron skillet - those can also be Keto friendly and most excellent in the smoker.

Been on Keto for. 2 years. There are sugar free BBQ sauces they sell here locally. Worstechire sauce is very low carb. I wouldnt buy anything that is pre-seasoned - I'm finding that Costco adds sugar to their seasoning! Always have to check the ingredients.

Checking labels is key. We've found the same with pre-seasoned meats. I'm down 45 pounds so far but have to buckle back down after the holidays. Trying to lose another 15. One unexpected consequence is I'm cold all the time now. I was always hot everywhere I went but I'm always cold now. Not sure if it's the lack of carbs in my diet or the lack of insulation. I have noticed that I don't sweat nearly as much in the summer when I'm strict on the low carb diet. Not a bad thing, just wasn't expecting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back