charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
You could always start and run the grill using the app on your phone when connected to a 5GHz wifi, it's the initial connection the grill needs must and will always be the 2.4GHz.
Wonder why RT rigged it up that way! Other 2.4 only things aren't that way. This has caused headaches for lots of folks. I may try to fire up my old router that can separate the 2.4 and 5G SSIDs and see how goes it.

Wonder why RT rigged it up that way! Other 2.4 only things aren't that way. This has caused headaches for lots of folks. I may try to fire up my old router that can separate the 2.4 and 5G SSIDs and see how goes it.
RT didn't rig it this way it's the way most companies that have wifi capable devices use, it's far less headaches for everyone and the 2.4 travels futher, the only benefit of 5GHz is speed.
I have both my Xfinity gateway modem and my other Linksys router bands split. All my wifi things in the house, there are many all run off the 2.4GHz I've never had issues finding the correct band to connect them to initially when they're separated. I could talk more but it's the wrong thread for this.

RT didn't rig it this way it's the way most companies that have wifi capable devices use, it's far less headaches for everyone and the 2.4 travels futher, the only benefit of 5GHz is speed.
I have both my Xfinity gateway modem and my other Linksys router bands split. All my wifi things in the house, there are many all run off the 2.4GHz I've never had issues finding the correct band to connect them to initially when they're separated. I could talk more but it's the wrong thread for this.
Understand, I should have started another thread. But just wanted to say is that my Orbi mesh selects the best band to use from my devices that have both 2.4 and 5G. All my devices that are 2.4 GHz only had no problem connecting to my router.

Yep, there's a whole thread about this.

And what we're seeing in the app with the name change is most likely from a webpage change, and not an actual update to the app.

Actually it doesn't... Orbi is a wreck software wise(former Netgear beta tester for Orbi)... The client device is what choses the band, the AP is only a provider.

Thanks I checked earlier this morning for updates and just checked again and there is a recteq update for Android. I am in the beta program too so I downloaded it while using the Bull and nothing was lost, all the charts from this morning were still there.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back