Bullseye Reconsidering Bullseye purchase… Need help

NO PROBLEM WITH MINE...BUT ,I do keep it clean, and I am sure there is a temp point that any very fatty food will create enough grease to start a fire ...I long cook/smoke in the 700 and use the 380 for the wings,burgers,dogs,veges, and as back up for the 700 when needed for larger cooks...
If you are cooking wings and burgers you should have grease dripping down so you just keep it clean? It does look easy to clean.

Having had a great experience with our 590 this last year, my wife decided to buy me a Bullseye for Christmas. Unfortunately, it arrived with a damaged pellet hopper. The replacement arrived yesterday and it also had damage to the same area, but much worse this time.

While waiting for the replacement to arrive, I had some time to do more research and see mention online of grease fires with the 380 model. This concerns me and makes me wonder if I should even bother with another replacement or just call it quits.

Have any of you experienced issues with grease fires and if so, what have you done to address them?

I did search this site but the only thing I see mentioned is the use of a drip pan but that only seems to be for longer cooks.
No grease fires. However, it is clear to me that the drip pan for long cooks is a must. I always put a layer of water in the pan and keep it supplied during the cook. Water will keep the grease from getting hot enough to ignite and also reduce having to sprits the meat. And a clean up after long cooks is a must. Short hot cooks may sometimes have short flare ups but not real grease fires. My rule of thumb is to always look inside before lighting up to make sure that I have not left a grease/oil puddle on the diffuser. And if so I lift the diffuser to make sure there is no accumulation under it. Easy to wipe up before lighting up.
Most common time to have a grease fire is having a hot or sear cook after a low/slow cook which you did not clean up after.

I really like my 380, I use my 590 for the low slow stuff.

Hi All,
New to the forum here and new to Recteq as of today. Got a new 380 today with minimal damage to the shipping box and nothing wrong with the unit. I think the shipping box and internal packaging look fine from the sturdy-ness standpoint. Too bad some forklift jockey saw fit to run the forks through the box damaging your hard earned purchase. It is shameful that this happened but I can't really see blaming Recteq.

Hi All,
New to the forum here and new to Recteq as of today. Got a new 380 today with minimal damage to the shipping box and nothing wrong with the unit. I think the shipping box and internal packaging look fine from the sturdy-ness standpoint. Too bad some forklift jockey saw fit to run the forks through the box damaging your hard earned purchase. It is shameful that this happened but I can't really see blaming Recteq.

Congrats on the Bullseye.. the one missing from my fleet.. One day :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back