Recommended Pellet Grill Accessories

Hey guys, what other accessories are you using while grilling?

Be sure to share here and don't forget to add links! :)

Attachments

• pizza stone.jpg
    pizza stone.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 118
My favorite accessory is La's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner. Melts grease like butter and keeps my Bull sparkling clean:

https://www.amazon.com/Las-Totally-...f+24+oz,+48+oz+in+total&qid=1606056551&sr=8-6

A note on the round rib rack mentioned earlier... If I had an egg smoker or Bullseye, I think this is a must buy, as the straight racks are hard to deal with on a round grill But for the Bull, I prefer straight racks, especially the shorter ones as I find it easier to manage half racks.

https://www.amazon.com/Rib-Racks-Sm...07R7ZYWNV/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

My favorite accessory is La's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner. Melts grease like butter and keeps my Bull sparkling clean:

https://www.amazon.com/Las-Totally-Awesome-Concentrated-Degreaser/dp/B00EOXH84A/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=La's+Totally+Awesome+All+Purpose+Cleaner,+Degreaser+&+Spot+Remover,+2+Bottles+of+24+oz,+48+oz+in+total&qid=1606056551&sr=8-6

A note on the round rib rack mentioned earlier... If I had an egg smoker or Bullseye, I think this is a must buy, as the straight racks are hard to deal with on a round grill But for the Bull, I prefer straight racks, especially the shorter ones as I find it easier to manage half racks.

https://www.amazon.com/Rib-Racks-Sm...07R7ZYWNV/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
I'm going to have to try that rack rib sometime.

@MellowJ you are correct, if you're looking then you ain't cooking. Keep the lid closed, but when it comes time to flip the meat or take it off the grill you gotta know what the internal temp it.
Agree with you about keeping the lid closed. I use a wired temp probe for the long cook. I use the thermopen to verify before pulling meat off the grill. I have found that my wired probes can be off 5 - 10 degrees. That could be a calibration issue or I didn't put the tip of the probe in the best place. That said, I do put a lot of emphasis on the meat temp...not just for doneness but looking to see what temp I'm getting when the probe goes in nice an smooth with no tug pulling it out. Just keeping mental notes. :)

Normally I would think of this as a thread to suggest things we've personally bought/used/played with, but I saw this thing this morning and thought it would answer a question I think I saw here in the past week or so but don't remember which thread. Here's a link to a You tube vid on the Rib Ring from BBQ Guru. Most of us have seen the inline rib racks intended to stand the ribs on edge in a neat row, but some believe that because of the close proximity from rack to rack that they cook unevenly. That may be a brand or use problem, not enough info to know for sure. The BBQ Guru rack aligns the rib racks in a circular pattern, and it appears that there is good spacing on spare ribs. Baby Backs, maybe not so much. It looks like you'll need to buy or trim your own to a St. Louis style to be able to get the six racks of ribs they brag of. You could easily get two of these in a Bull, but not likely a Stampede (though it's maybe possible to stagger them and just squeeze the second one in), certainly not a Trailblazer. I saw another YT vid evaluating this on a Weber and the reviewer felt that one of the outer racks were slightly overdone, and the inner most rack slightly under done, though his guests said they liked any of them fine. I suspect that supplied pan might have something to do with restricting air flow. Since our RT grills have a built in drip pan I'd think you could run it without the supplied pan and get a more even cook. Since I haven't used one I'm not going to advocate for it, but thought it a device worth considering for those looking to feed a large crowd and maximize the space available.
Thank you for that link. A most interesting device.

I'll probably shame myself by saying this but when I made my decision this past spring about getting the RT-700, I had whittled it down to the 700 or the Grilla Grills Silverbac. The 700 won based on it's size. I feed a crowd of 15 or more at family gatherings. Anyway, I get their product emails and saw what they called the "jerky rack". Actually, it would be a good way to cook more slabs of ribs on the 700 than would otherwise be able to do. But I haven't bought one but would be very interested in knowing if anyone else has the Grilla Grills Jerky Rack and using it on their Bull / 700? Here's a link if you want to see what I'm talking about.
https://store.grillagrills.com/products/jerky-rack

Someone posted here awhile back about a jerky rack (don’t remember the brand) and they said it wouldn’t fit inside the Bull without removing the light.

I got one of These from Oklahoma Joe’s for my son, he loves it. I have a large Weber spatula but it doesn’t have the extra accessory this one does.

The Inkbird wireless thermometer is another popular grill thermometer and is on sale for 20% using the coupon listed on the page. Only $32!

View attachment 158
Ink bird products are great and they are reasonably priced. I have the IBBQ-4BW model. It has four probes with blue tooth and WiFi. I also have the Ink bird thermometer. Model IHT-1P. Both are great and the app works very well. It has high and lo temperature alarms for all four probes as well as timers.

Ordered the jerky rack from grillagrills for my Rt 590 and love the extra space it gives me and love that it has slide out racks.

my concern is the aluminum leeches into your food and causes many health issues, i get that grill grates are anodized but i still dont trust it especially at high heat.

What About Cooking in Anodized Aluminum?​

Aluminum cookware that has been anodized (hardened through a process that renders it nonreactive) or clad in a nonreactive material, such as stainless steel or a nonstick coating, does not leach into or react with foods.

Note: Grill grates are anodized.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back