Bull Rec Tec heavy duty cover

Five-O Donut Hole

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Have had my 700 for 2 years now and always keep it covered with the Rec Tec heavy duty item. I contacted customer service after the first few months because I would always find water/condensation all over the grill when I removed the cover. I thought maybe there was a rip/tear in the cover but can’t find one. Customer service told me that it’s normal to find that water/condensation. Fast forward to my second year and I still have this issue and now starting to see small specks of surface rust on some of the stainless steel pieces.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone think this is normal/acceptable? The 700 is on my patio in a place that gets 6 plus hours of sun so I would hope the grill/cover combo has plenty of air to ‘breath’.

Thanks for any input as I could not find any past threads on this after using the SEARCH function.

Yep, normal condensation.

Air vents in the proper place would probably be helpful.

Mine does this too, minus the rust part. I usually only see the moisture on the hopper lid.

I have 3 different brands of covers on my grills, all 3 do the same, even the one with "side vents". All of these go pretty much down to the ground. My original Weber gas grill, 20 years ago, had a cover that only came down half way to the ground. I never had condensation with that one. Unfortunately no one makes the short ones anymore. I did have to keep a brick on it to keep it from blowing off.

I have 3 different brands of covers on my grills, all 3 do the same, even the one with "side vents". All of these go pretty much down to the ground. My original Weber gas grill, 20 years ago, had a cover that only came down half way to the ground. I never had condensation with that one. Unfortunately no one makes the short ones anymore. I did have to keep a brick on it to keep it from blowing off.
Agree

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back