Rec Tec App

sechlerc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
The Rec Tec app is probably the worst app between all of the major pellet smoker providers. There is a huge following for Rec Tec and I would guess that if we were to open source the app that the community could easily jump from the worst to one of the best apps out there. I work for mongodb and I would be more than willing to offer some assistance here and there.

? hell most of us are just happy to be able to start the smoker while preparing food, I had a 680 for years and now a 700, If the 700 was made without the smart controller i would have still purchased it. I used the other company's smart tech smokers and there is only 1 that would beat the RT as a smoker.

I only have experience with the RT app for operating a smoker. I guess it has its issues, but I'm alright with it. I can turn the unit on with the app, adjust temps and alarms and monitor the temps. Could it be better, probably, but thus far a year later after getting my 340, its served me well.

I have no issues with it I'm not tech savvy and had to call CS once to get it working but I can start grill and adjust temps what more do you need

It would be nice to have the alarms more than just a little chime. I accidentally fell asleep through one once and ran out of pellets lol. Other than that I feel like it does it's job.

Last weekend the graph was working good. This weekend it constantly give an error "Offline - Data may be out of date'. It might be that I updated the iOS software???

I know it is minor but if you adjust the temp on the controller directly it does not update on the app unless you "refresh" your view. This has been mentioned in another thread.

Minor I know but if we are talking improvements and what are issues I guess this is legit to consider.

The main display works fine. Only the Temperature Chart (graph) is not working

Attachments

• 231.PNG
    231.PNG
    170.8 KB · Views: 65
Just a thought and I'm sure this has come up before but what would be nice is the ability to program a start time and overall time. In case you are not right next to your phone when you want to start or stop.

I just unplugged the unit, instead of just turning it off, and the graph seemed to be working OK for an hour then started acting up again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back