Rec tec 1250 cover issues

Rob5909

I recently purchased the rec tech 1250 and absolutely love it. I also purchased the custom cover for it. I have had a lot of difficulty putting the cover back on without tearing the corners. I’ve been utilizing a helper and it’s still does not help to make it easier to put on. is anybody else have issues with this cover that seems to be too small for the grill?

I recently purchased the rec tech 1250 and absolutely love it. I also purchased the custom cover for it. I have had a lot of difficulty putting the cover back on without tearing the corners. I’ve been utilizing a helper and it’s still does not help to make it easier to put on. is anybody else have issues with this cover that seems to be too small for the grill?
Search the forum. This has been mentioned numerous times, some have installed a zipper.

Welcome to the forum!

So after some reading I was worried about this , but I found it not that bad, start with the smoke stack side , but only pull down a little bit , then other side a little , then just back and forth

Burn the cover. Will feel good watching it burn and will also safe a lot of cussing and yelling! Lol. But seriously I threw my cover in the trash for the 700. I moved it out front and just wheel it in and out of the garage just so I didn't have to mess with the cover. All the rest of my cooking stuff is out back on the patio. I just make it work

If you start with lining up the smoke stack and then on the other end pull it over the controller box all the way down. This will let it slide a little bit to the smoke stack side and give you enough room to pull it on down. I let mine set in the sun for about ten minutes to make it a little more flexible. I have a family member that does custom boat covers and think I’m going to have him install a heavy duty zipper or snaps in the back middle where the hopper is. That will definitely solve the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back