Stampede Ready to pull the trigger-

How's that working out for you with the price of fuel these days...
It's been better. Just filled up with diesel at $6.69 on Monday. There goes my meat budget for the week.

Probably shouldn’t have bought a RecTeq. There are cheaper smokers that will cook meat 99.9% as well.

Probably shouldn’t have bought a RecTeq. There are cheaper smokers that will cook meat 99.9% as well.
This should do the trick!

1648001286179.jpeg

Looking for pellet recommendations now. I heard Bear Mountain is really good. Looking at their bold blend. Can get for 12.50 a bag. Any other brands that you really like or recommend?
I’ve used bear mountain gourmet blend and liked it. If you can find lumber Jack that is my new go to for burning. They have many types but I am burning the Apple right now. Good flavor

Yup I owned a Pitboss for 5 years, worked well and produced some damn good BBQ.....but my new 590 is better in every way IMHO, plus the "overall" customer support of RT and their commitment to quality/satisfaction is also a win.

I like the Bear Mountain gourmet, but the bold is my go to now.

geneseohawk So you bought a little over a year ago. What has been your experience and do you feel you bought the right size? Picture proof also.

I've tried a LOT of different pellets.

Bear Mountain is my go to brand because 1) They are good pellets, 2) they are cheap, and 3) I can get them easily at TS and it's just down the road. The Gourmet is good for everything, but I like the Bold for most cooks (I grew up in Texas, so Hickory and Oak are kind of my go to profiles). I know a LOT of folks like to smoke with Mesquite, but honestly....that is more of a grilling wood (Again, IMHO).

Lumber Jack are good, but I won't buy anything from Dicks which is the only place that sells them around here. I have to order them online if I want them.

Big R sells GMG pellets, but those are kind of iffy in my book. Some folks love them. They recently started stocking Camp Chef pellets, but I haven't tried those.

Pit Boss works OK, IMHO....but my local walmart ONLY carries the blends.

B&B are really good pellets. I use them sometimes.

I've also used Grillin Pellets and they are pretty. A lot of folks poo-poo the Traeger pellets, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them other than they are WAY overpriced.
Curious, why won't you buy anything from Dicks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back